July 24th Celebration
In the nick of time we loaded the van and peeled over to Charleston for fireworks the evening of Pioneer Day. Amazingly I found a spot to park literally right under the pyrotechnic show. We could feel the ground shudder with each "Boom!" as it set off car alarms. After the last BOOM we peeled out of there just as quickly as we had peeled in. I didn't want to wait in traffic and again, missed it in the nick of time. We saw long lines of cars all trying to get on HWY189. Back home I pulled out some sparklers that I hadn't used as a back up activity for Katrina's party the night before. These weren't ordinary sparklers we soon realized, but fireballs on a stick. Huge sparks flew until one by one I think everyone was nursing a burn with aloe from the fridge, even little Callie who was surprisingly not as afraid of these new and UNimproved sparklers as I was.