
Just as spur of the moment as the Wasson's coming for Sunday dinner was all of us heading to Lagoon the next day. We wondered about the crowds with it being Memorial Day but thanks to the weather, people stayed away. It wasn't as chilly as our day last year, but just cool enough to assure we didn't have any wait time. The older kids ran off with eachother. In Kiddi Land I assured Laurie and Hank they didn't have to hang with boring us. It seems they don't like too much excitement on the rides, and would much rather watch the kids. We took advantage of this at one point and Matt and I hit the big rides: Spider, Wicked, and Colossus. But this gave me some food for thought. I guess I've been thinking we will really enjoy Lagoon when all the kids are older. Turns out I agree with Laurie and Hank that the most fun is watching little kids. So, in actuality, my years are numbered till it's not quite as fun. I realized this is true with Disneyland and other attractions too. The kids reactions really make the place come alive.
 |
| Even though adults CAN ride this, they shouldn't. The seat isn't deep enough so it cuts into your thigh as your legs dangle. It kills. (I'm speaking from past experience, not this time.) |
 |
| After seating the kids I realized the boats were full of rain water. There were no complaints. |
 |
| Gray humored Callie and rode with her. However, he was NOT humored. |
We hooked up with the rest of the group at the rocket. I love that ride, I really do. I also went on Samari with the teens. I noticed how polite Laurie and Hank's boys are. They were patient while the employees checked out the ride for a lengthy amount if of time. When Sam leaned on the rail and nudged the woman behind him he immediately said, "Excuse me." Just very polite well mannered kids. Some of us decided to ride the sky ride from there to the other end of the park. Matt and Callie got on first, then Graham and I in the next car, then Ava and Grayson. Even though the last thing the employee said as he closed the rail was, "Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride," Grayson didn't. His arm was hanging over the side so it got stuck in the rail as the ride lifted off. He started crying and Ava motioned to the guy. He stopped the ride but Ava and Grayson were already too high for anyone to reach them. Laurie was walking on the flower bed trying to get to them. I was proud how Ava kept her cool as she listened to instructions from the worker on how to lift the bar. She did, and Gray took his arm out and was holding it like it was broken. Then as Ava was ready to relatch the bar, he put it over the side again! I was calling as loudly as possible, "GRAYSON, MOVE YOUR ARM!!!!" He moved it not a moment too soon. Geesh!
Once we got to the other end of the park I realized I had left the camera at the other end in the stroller. We phoned Kei and she picked it up for us. I was glad she did because she continued to take some great shots. For example, I would never have known Katrina rode the Sky Coaster!
 |
| The Before Shot: Calm as a cucumber. |
 |
| The blurred shot shows just how fast they blasted off. |
 |
| "Should I do it? Yeah, I'll do it." |
I'd say the real highlight of the day (besides the excitement in the sky) was the Raceway. Laurie treated us all! I've never been before and I will say, it was worth it. I don't know how but even though I had the pedal to the medal Matt and Gray were passing everybody. They lapped me a couple of times. For competive Gray this was a dream come true. Graham was disappionted in not driving, but got to steer the kiddi bumper car later. He spun in a circle the entire time.
 |
| Round and round the mullberry bush. |
 |
These cute girls are getitng all GROWD up!
If you are wondering about that new ride Bombora I'll give my two cents. If you want a thrill ride it's a bit of a bora. However, the music is great and it's a smooth little coaster for all ages including Callie. Her facial expression the first time she went on it was PRICELESS. |