Dingaling Dong the Christmas Bells are ringing

The other night I helped Mallerie make sugar cookies with peppermint icing and crushed candy canes. They are a family favorite so she wanted to take some to her Young Women's Christmas Traditions night. I wondered why I had so much icing left when usually it comes out even Stephen with the cookies. Then last night when Mallerie went to warm tortillas in the oven there was a sheet of BAKED cookies STILL in there. Too bad I had let Graham eat the rest of the icing with a spoon.

At the beginning of November I had my cousin Mieken's baby shower on the calendar. I was so looking forward to a day with aunts, sisters, cousins, and my mom up in Salt Lake. I made a very special Hummingbird Cake dripping with caramel icing. It was a bit labor intensive since it called for grated sweet potatoes and the icing had to be cooked on the stove. However the shower wasn't till 3 so I had plenty of time. I even stopped at the Sweet Tooth Fairy on Foothill to get som gluten free cupcakes for a couple gals in the group. A fresh blanket of snow had covered the Salt Lake Valley and I was downright jolly walking out of the bakery. I had my hands pretty full by the time I got to the door. A gift, the cake on it's stand, the cupcakes, and my purse. I could see people inside so I knocked with my foot. As I walked in and towards the kitchen to drop my cake Sadie asked if I had been knocking for two hours. I was confused. I asked Laina, "The shower was at 3 right?" She said, "No, 1:30." Jolly nuthin!

(**update on Mieken's baby she had in in the car at a Maverik!**)

The kids had their Primary Program at the end of October. Donna was with us that weekend. I loved seeing her sititng on the bench. After the Sacrament the rest of the program was announced. I heard, "after the closing song Brother Bocanegra will give us a closing prayer." Hmm I thought, "Was I suppose to give an opening prayer?" I opened the program to see my name listed as the opening prayer. Thinking back, I remembered the bishop had given it. How had I missed that announcement entirely???We hadn't been late, in fact we were early to the meeting. And there I had sat.

Ding Dong Ding Dong Christmas bells are ringing...