Snowshoe Hike 2/24/12


Because it was pitch black outside we were very thankful Graham was willing to part with his beloved head flashlight. It doesn't leave his head for very long ever. After all, he is a train you know. 










I took Ava and her friend on a delightful outing the last Friday night in February. Wasatch Moutain State Park offered Moonlight Snowshoe Hikes for all levels. After getting our snow shoes on we went out on the golf course with our guide. The stars were so clear and pretty that night and we even got to walk on the frozen pond. Afterwards there was hot chocolate and refreshments in the lodge. I was already quite warm from the hike and chose to sit out on the patio with my hot chocolate. It was such a beautiful way to spend an evening. I got chatting with an older gentlemen about his life. He was one of those people that just seemed to need to talk and talk. He had a pretty sad love story that left me taking nothing for granted.

I love living in a small community where activities are available in a beautiful setting.