I nearly burst an artery when Katrina couldn't get the dress over her head the day of Preference, she couldn't get it over her hips either. So much for avoiding a zipper by doing buttons instead. The opening around the waist wasn't big enough. Do we go shopping for a dress? Katrina was determined to make it work because the dress itself was adorable. She suggested I cut down the back to make the opening bigger. With apprehension I sliced a slit in the back, what did I have to loose right? It totally worked! I sewed on more buttons and sighed relief. She decided she wanted a sash. I cut, sewed, and ironed. Just as I tied it around her waist Luke rang the doorbell. Who cuts it closer than me I ask you? No one. Katrina looked more beautiful than the red rose around her wrist.


All the couples came here at the end of their progressive dinner for Raspberry Sorbet. This group of kids could not be any sweeter, cuter, or nicer. I was so impressed with all of them. One of Katrina's best gal pal's Liz was celebrating a birthday. Katrina had a sign and streamers hanging up. As I was straightening up before the crowd came I saw a little toy figurine. It was Katrina's. She said someone randomly put it in her back pack at school. I slid it in her friends gift. I listened to them laugh about it as her friend opened presents. They pledged to start a tradition where the little figurine would be passed from person to person. Glad to have played a part in it.