When I look at this picture I see a middle-aged couple. Matt said, "That is because of your glasses." Hmm maybe. I got glasses last spring to help while I work. They are comfort glasses but I find myself wearing them more and more. Sigh...
Well, middle aged or not we tried something for the first time. Matt got us a spa treatment in Salt Lake. It was really nice. For dinner we chose Log Haven up Mill Creek Canyon. Neither of us have been up Mill Creek so that was also a first. Log Haven exceeded our expectations. I would have to describe it as the perfect restaurant. It was so nice to be out for the evening being waited on. Getting six kids back in school with fees, meetings, etc, is not for the faint of heart. It included appointments with the pediatrician, dermatologist, physical therapist, and optometrist. Matt had been out of town quite a bit during the month and I didn't realize the toll it had taken on me till I could feel a migraine coming on. I was able to ward it off by quickly taking an Aleve and drinking coke from the can (thanks Joanne Tucker!) And later in the month my back went out. These are the ways my body shows stress I have learned.
That night we stayed downtown at "our place". Sooo relaxing. The next morning we had breakfast brought to our room to eat on the terrace. Later we walked through City Creek and enjoyed lunch at Blue Lemon. I was introduced to mint lemonade and could drink that stuff everyday.
We headed to the Draper Temple since we have never been there and we wanted to see the new film. Matt forgot a tie. I said it would be fine if he walked in without one. He said no way. I told him to just wear his white tie. No way again. We stopped at Walmart for him to run in and get a tie. It started POURING rain. I stayed in the car and ate chocolates from our room and the spa as I watched people get drenched.
In the temple parking lot we could not get the plastic tag off the tie so Matt had to wear it under his suit coat. Hehe. He didn't need to bother with the plastic because it was a Jr. tie that didn't quite reach his belly button.
The sunset when we came out of the temple was unlike I've ever seen. This summer was full of breathtaking sunsets and it ended with a bang.
We had a pretty late dinner that night. Matt pulled into a Mexican Restaurant on 123rd. Our waitress had obviously put in a long day and seemed exhausted. I almost felt bad being there. My food wasn't good either but I didn't want to be a poor sport. Then Matt said, "Mine tastes terrible how is yours?" We settled the tab and got out of there. I'm tellin ya I have been ruined for Mexican ever since that carnita burrito at Lupita's in Hurricane.
Our actual anniversary was on Monday August 26th. I picked up BBQ that night. For whatever reason when Matt went to buy me flowers that morning everywhere was out. He ended up with a little bunch that was struggling for life. As I trimmed them into a smaller vase I declared, "These are the saddest flowers I've ever seen." But was I happy with them? Yes I was. Cheers.