Cottages for the children- This is a great way to get out and support our local Children's Justice Center.
It gets us in the mood to make our own gingerbread houses and for the second year we decorated our own at Parks and Rec.
Boys vs. Girls.
We went through quite a few cinnamon bears and yet there aren't any on our house ;)
Matt was actually in town this year when we decorated the tree. Both Graham and Callie wanted to be lifted up to place the star on top. Matt picked the lighter child. It was special to have him here for it.
I was too busy this year to work on the Heber Valley Railroad but Mallerie stepped it up and was asked to be a reader. She was also chosen to be featured on Channel 2 News.
I responded: Well we wouldn't want her getting a big head now would we? ;) ah thanks for your kind words and confidence in her. We think she is pretty amazing too. She is having a blast so thank YOU.
She wasn't a reader yet when we rode as a family but we enjoyed watching her jig down the isle as a coco chef.
Granny and Grandpa finally got to experience the magic of the creeper.
Two Turtle Doves
It wouldn't have been hard for Santa to know details about the kids since their shirts boasted their roots. He could have even gone further than that and noticed that Gray had written BYU in the frost on the window.
Outings!
One Saturday I took Ava, Graham and Callie to Modern Display to look at the pretty decorations and then up the road to Trolley Square. Bless that place's heart. it seems to be hanging by a thread. We bought some taffy to try and help. From there we drove to Fashion Place mall to check out the new Lego store. The hustle and bustle was a welcome relief though Ava and and I totally got trapped at a Her Styler kiosk and walked away with a curling iron. For dinner we jetted across the parking lot to the Olive Garden where we then shared a tour of Italy. It was good night!
...like Ava and Grayson's band concert.
"Dear Santa I want a Nintendo 3DS and a Lego set, I have been a good boy." Love, Graham.
We put a fresh tree in the front room this year. Katrina asked why, I said, "Because Graham requested it." She took a picture for Instagram of him sleeping by the tree the next night. Tender guy.
On the day the kids got out for Christmas break they had a Pajama/Polar Express Assembly. I brought Callie that morning because she has afternoon preschool and she didn't want to miss it. I was so glad I was there when they called Graham up to the front to receive a Reflections award. He had decided that morning that he felt silly wearing his pajamas to school and instead changed into his conductor outfit. I was glad he had changed into something he felt comfortable in when he had to stand in front of the school. He stood up there grinning and it made me want to bawl.
![]() |
| His caption: I believe I can carve a cool jack-o-lantern. He went on to write how he planted the seed and watched it grow. |
I was feeling weepy that day anyway. I don't know if it was the overwhelmingness of the season, or the anniversary of Newton, or the kids all singing, but I was having a hard time keeping it together through that entire assembly.
The next day was the much anticipated Daddy-Fun-Day. Graham was so sad for me to have to miss it, "I wish you could come with us Mom!" If he only knew how FINE I am with staying home and the reason for the whole thing he wouldn't feel badly at all! Kei had given Matt passes to the new Provo Rec so they went swimming. Callie put her suit under clothes before they left. She told me later that when she went to get dressed after swimming she realized she didn't have any underwear. I asked her, "So what did you do?" She smiled, "I just telled nobody."
In December Katrina went over-night for an FBLA tournament. I texted her this pic and said, "Wish you were here." She wrote back, "Cozy!" Ava set up the white tree in her room so you could see both trees from outside. By the way, she got 2 first place medals and 1 second place. WHS won region for the 13th yr running so she was pretty stoked 'bout that.
One Saturday in Dec when the kids had been cooped up all day I suggested we go out to the new pizza joint in town. It was yummy but the restaurant doesn't have a breezeway so every time someone came in we froze. Afterwards we drove around looking at Christmas lights. Graham proclaimed, "This is the best night ever!" then we saw police lights in the rearview mirror. Callie started crying since she was unbuckled. Matt pulled over and the policeman came to his window. He asked if we were lost. He said he had passed us several times and we were driving all slow and creepy. We're creepy? Really? This law enforcement officer can't put two-and-two together when a minivan stops in front of all the houses with Christmas lights?
A lady that has moved from her ward asked if one of my girls could come be a fairy at her daughter's fifth birthday. I passed the text along to Kat and Mall thinking it was a long shot. Katrina wrote back, "Sure, I'll do it." The lady brought me the fairy costume, which was torn. She said, "Do you sew?" I had to think quickly because that is the last thing I had time or desire for. I smiled and said, "Not in December!" Katrina pinned the costume and it worked fine. Callie was invited to the party and thought it was fun to have her big sis there...as a fairy!
Do you remember my post about how I took potatoes for a ward funeral and they didn't use them and Graham was so sad for me when they brought the full pan back? Well...it happened again!
As I was driving into my parking stall at the church the asphalt was super icy. As I turned the van the wheels started to slide. I think the only reason I did not hit the tripped-out fancy truck parked next to me is because I was taking funeral potatoes to a church. Tender Mercy.
I am constantly asking for protection as Katrina drives as well. The truck is front wheel drive, which doesn't bode well for snowy conditions. There is an icy patch across Center that she has done a 180 on more than once. Matt said, "I'm going to put bags of rock salt in the back of that truck." I thought, "Why? So she she can hurry and salt the roads????" Luckily I realized before I spoke that the bags are merely to add weight to the back of the truck to prevent sliding. He's always learnin' me.


















