Na na na na, na na na na na...The final countdown!


Sunday December 21st was our family fancy Christmas dinner. Matt attended the singles ward that day (his new High Council assignment) and then drove to Provo to pick up Kat. Graham was drawing during church and sounded out Merry Crismas. I showed him on the program that it is CHRISTmas, the word Christ is in Christmas. It was neat to see this lightbulb moment for him. You can't emphasize it enough I guess. My back was hurting pretty badly during Sacrament meeting (what was I thinking wearing heels while my back was out?) When the congregation stood up to sing with the choir I thought I was going to die, the floor is at a slope and with those heels it was very painful. I was glad to see Callie misbehaving down the row so I could yank her onto my lap. I decided to head home after Sacrament meeting. I couldn't sit any longer and I needed to get the ham in. It was lovely gathering my thoughts at home for a while. I was so excited to have my family to share dinner with and felt so incredibly blessed at the wonders of the season. 
Matt brought Katrina home and we shared some bruschetta and caught up on life a bit before the others were done with church and Luke arrived as well. He's been at BYU Hawaii and it was great to see him and have him join us for ham, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, and raspberry pretzel salad.
Mallerie was recently called to be on the stake youth committee and I felt badly we were missing the first meeting but opted for the family time instead (can't you practically hear the Christmas music playing in the back ground?)

Luke was able to get some snap shots of all of us snug as a bug.












What more could I add to a Christmas wish list? Nothing!
After the college kids left we headed downstairs to watch our weekly Hallmark Christmas movie.
In between Sunday and Christmas Eve the four younger kids enjoyed a Daddy Fun Day. Graham said, "I wish you could come with us!" I said, "But then it wouldn't be called Daddy Fun Day." "Oh yeah,"

Christmas Eve!
The day is very long for the kids! We got the house together and grocery shopped. I was glad to have one more craft for babies to do. They glittered up rudolph's nose and were just finishing when the family arrived for our traditional Jerusalem dinner.
My voice! I only know one way to do Christmas and that is ALL OUT.  Sometimes it takes it's toll :( I felt like I was getting a cold on Christmas Eve. I took my remedies but my voice was SO low and craggly that it provided some of the entertainment.
Mark and Jamie and family came from Orem, and Ademir, Kei, and Gio came from Provo.
A house full of LOVE. 
Graham made a cucumber and cheese kabob.  Fifteen-year-old Jake is taller than Matt!


After dinner we headed downstairs to watch Luke 2 as part of a Christmas program (if my voice hadn't been hoarse I totally would have sung a solo). Then we bid our farewells to the extended family. 
We all hopped in the van to deliver our awards for best lights in the neighborhood and our last night of Twelve Days of Christmas we had done for a family that month. I enjoyed seeing even the big kids knock and run with the littles. Back home the siblings exchanged gifts. Callie drew Ava's name this year, which means Ava was the one NOT surprised with her gift. However, she should have been because Callie calls it a rope instead of a robe, "You are getting a soft rope."
Matt complains of not being able to see well when driving at night. I got my parents and his parents some night vision goggles and some for him as well. He slipped them on and I exclaimed, "Oh, they look like that?"
Well, I guess it's still better than getting in a wreck. Sort of.  

After cookie making, we headed back downstairs to open jammies before watching the Polar Express (for Graham!)
Why the sad face Callie? Oh, you didn't like it when Mallerie thought she'd put you on her shoulders and your head whacked the ceiling? Chin up, things'll look better in the MORNING!