January 2, 2016 The Wedding Day!

Wow. A wedding day. A Wedding day is a big deal. The smartest thing we did is to hire it out. Matt was in charge of finding a venue and he chose Noah's in South Jordan. This was a great place because we weren't tied in to using a certain caterer. I was in charge of that, and struck gold with 5th East Hall. We met there in late November with K & G to go over the menu. All my years of throwing ward and stake parties was paying off big time. I could see in my mind what a crowd of 150 or 300 looked like and the logistics of dishing up food and what works and what doesn't and though it took a little convincing, I got Kat to agree that soup wasn't a wise idea for this occasion. She picked out a cake and flowers and that was that! We were done in an hour and still had time to go to dinner with our dear friends Emily and Darren who were in town. Em about died when I told her we would be meeting with the caterer for Katrina's wedding. The fact that Kat was back from her mission was still new news!

January 2nd. Katrina and Giuseppe's sealing was at 3:40 pm in the Salt Lake Temple. We still hadn't met Giuseppe's family so we met for lunch at the Lion House on Temple Square on the wedding day. They are lovely and delightful. Poor Laura Hess, she was so sick. It was soooo cold outside. We posed for family pictures outside the temple for only 20 minutes. Ademir was our photographer and he was efficient in the four degree weather. The cold. I really can't describe it.









After the cold and hurry it was so nice to see so many family members in the waiting room. It calmed my heart.

The ceremony was beautiful and a time to reflect on the life of a child all grown up. Very tender.

Afterwards, I was so glad to have the individual family shots out of the way so we could just enjoy each other outside the temple and get a big group shot.








From there our family headed to Noah's to set out a few things and to make sure everything was ready for the reception. It seemed like the caterer was cutting it close on time and we both panicked for a second picturing if they didn't show. But show they did.

The evening is better told through pictures:
Sadie and her girls spent New Year's Day assembling paper flower corsages for the bridesmaids. I still cringe when I think of the tedious work that must have been. It is much appreciated <3 p="">
The  night before, Katrina insisted that Callie be her flower girl complete with petals to throw. I had some silk flowers that I pulled the petals off of and wound some ribbon through a basket. 

When we got the reception center Callie practiced throwing the petals. 

We had a different photographer meet us at the reception hall. https://www.facebook.com/PURE-Photography-by-JAKELLE-110646118962877/about/ 

We couldn't use Ademir because he was now our DJ!





THE CAKE! Katrina is a cake person just like me and so it was displayed smack dab in the center of the room. It was cut halfway through so that it could be served. Let me tell you, the white chocolate raspberry combination she chose was divine. There were so many flavors to choose from I thought it would be hard for her to chose but as soon as she heard that combination her eyes lit up, "That's a cake flavor!?"

We were going to use the centerpieces that came with the venue but when I described them to my friend Julia in the ward, she wrinkled her nose, "Wouldn't it be so much prettier to have boxes filled with moss and berries and candles..." I said, "You are hired." She said, "Really???" So a few days after Christmas we went to Michaels in Park City and chose what we needed for her to make the centerpieces, which of course turned out ten times lovelier than anything that would have been provided. And how perfect that Ashley had in her possession wooden boxes! What a sweet thing for my friend to even want to do it.

We are parent-in-laws!





The food was also divine! I would highly recommend this place. I have never hired a caterer before and I think it was my most favorite thing about the night. We gaged that we would need food for 200. We had 210 so it was perfect.







I bought the cake servers that they registered for at Bed Bath and Beyond but before I wrapped them as a Christmas gift I had them engraved with their names and anniversary. 
The ring story is my favorite and one I didn't hear till 9 months later. Katrina and Giuseppe still did not have a ring for him in the days leading up to the wedding. They were at the mall and went into CLAIR'S. There was a card of rings that were FIVE for $10. Since Giuseppe has such slender fingers this copper ring fit him and that became his wedding ring!
He gets a lot of comments on his ring. After it quit turning his finger green it settled into a nice copper color.

When it was time to cut the cake Callie threw her petals as Katrina and Giuseppe walked behind her. A hush fell over the crowd, Ashley commented, "Oh, it's a reverent thing..."


Matt and I and Dick shared stories and sentiments next.






Last up was the dancing!


Kat couldn't leave without tossing the bouquet. Her beautiful bouquet from her bridals just the Monday before froze and died. In a pinch I ordered this pre-made bouquet from Hobby Lobby. However, after Matt picked it up I realized the colors were a lot brighter than they looked online. I took out the orange flowers and added some pearls. Callie and I were watching Parent Trap and I noticed that in the scene where Lindsey Lohan is in the Bridal shop with her mom, they cover the bouquet with netting. 
"Hey, I can do that!"









Thankfully for clean up all we had to do was make sure the trash was in the can and load up the gifts and neatly packaged leftovers. I also had the pictures I had blown up and the centerpieces of course. We were loaded up to the ceiling in the van.

The evening is BEST told through a video! What a sweetie my brother Cade was to do this for us. He is a pro.