Graham Turns 9! March 2, 2016
What is Graham's obsession this year? DINOSAURS
Lunch Bunch. At JR Smith the kids receive a free meal coupon on their birthday for Dairy Keen. Callie saved hers from November so I checked them both out for lunch. This was a real treat for all of us. The time we were there prior I received a 'Winner winner chicken' dinner coupon on my receipt and so I had a freebie as well. "Hey, Lunch is on me guys!"

Graham's obsession made it easy to come up with a party theme:
The number of kids Graham could invite were limited because we were taking a field trip. Darn.
L to R: Graham, Callie, Logan, Camden, Kevin, and Tyson. I was surprised what chatterboxes the boys were down the canyon. They seemed to have opinions on everything.
BYU DINOSAUR MUSEUM
Because the museum is not very big, we finished rather quickly. I asked the boys if they wanted to go to the Bean Museum. They eagerly shouted, "YEAH!"
This was my first time there since the remodel. I am a nostalgic person and immediately missed the emerald green carpet.
Since Graham shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss, we left our favorite Dr. Seuss movie for someone to find. Hopefully we #brightoned a day.
We enjoyed ate dinner at Wendy's afterwards. I was afraid we were going to get booted from all the noise. There was a grandmother there with her grandson. We gave them a cupcake in hopes they could forgive the ruckus. It seemed to work.
Graham with his new remote control Jurassic Park jeep. He said, "I did not think I would get this!!!"
Graham is such a fun sparkly-eyed boy! Oh how we love him and love what he adds to our family. He is passionate, kind, and sincere. You can't help but want to give him the world.
We were invited to a wedding reception in Draper. It was for the daughter of the RS President I served with in Orem. Yes it has been many years but we were very close and I have stayed in touch through the years via Christmas cards. I bought a rice cooker and even wrapped it in origami paper (a Japanese theme!) As we pulled up to the reception I let out a sigh of defeat, "Ehhhhhh." There was a line out the door and through the parking lot. I knew Matt had no interest in waiting in that line so we bailed and got a burger at Apollo and caught a movie. I have enjoyed my new rice cooker as well ;)FBLA STATE CHAMPIONS 2016!
As per tradition, the team rode the Firetruck down Main Street upon their arrival back into town. I love that our city has a main drag for this tradition.
Mallerie with her motley crew.
I say motley, because who would have guessed my Malmal would flourish in an organization that involves taking tests and giving speeches? This was so good for her, she grew so much! And the friendships she made were authentic.
Mallerie is all about trying new things, which is one of her most amazing qualities. For her friend Josh's birthday she and Vicki decided to paint him a picture. I had a primed canvas in the basement that I donated (because I really like the kid). They worked so hard for days on this painting. They ruined my cups from the brush soaking,
but it was worth it in the end!
The painting is a story board of the fun things they have done together from star gazing, to swing dancing, to floating the Provo river and hiking. It was kind of hard to see them part with it.
We've got a runner people.
We've got a runner people.
The babies also put their creativity to paper and took home awards from the Reflections Contest.
The babes are up for adventures as well. We tried to hike Dutch Hollow on a Saturday but the trail was closed because of mud and snow. The cheese factory was open though, so we could enjoyed Aggie ice-cream in the back of the pick-up.
Wasatch County Libary Peep Show
Giuseppe wondered, "Shouldn't they call it something else?" He has a good point.
We were at the library one day and saw an entry form for the upcoming peep show. We had just finished reading the Boxcar Children and decided to create an entry. Obviously, this took a lot of hands on from me. When we got to the library we saw that there were age categories. I probably should have entered it in the adult category but the whole point was for the kids to enter something . We entered it in Graham's age group. I gulped hard when it WON.

Homework and St. Patty's
State Delegate
Heading out to our neighborhood Caucus Meeting.
Matt is the Precinct Chair as well as a State Delegate. Most delegates in our precinct have moved since the last meeting so this left me being the ballot counter. I made my own container out of an oatmeal can. I don't mind helping but it really is more out of my comfort zone than I care to admit. Matt however, did a great job leading the meeting. It is what he does! I accompanied him to a couple other precinct meetings as well. He said it was nice to have me along but I don't know that I am particularly helpful. I tend to notice who people resemble and I whisper it in his ear. We got in a very inappropriate giggle fit at the last one. (Get a good look Costanza????")
I can be a little goofy. Me and the girls ate lunch at Free Birds in PC. When the guy was making my burrito he asked if I would like try the new sauce. He told me it was 7 out of 10. I thought to myself, "7 out of 10 stars for taste is pretty good." "Sure!" I told him. Duh. It was 7 out of 10 for heat!
I couldn't feel my lips.
Hoppy Easter! March 27th 2016
When it came to dying easter eggs this year I cringed. I realized it is because I don't like having a fridge full of stinky died eggs that we have no hope of getting through. Then I thought, "So don't hard boil them!" I didn't and it worked just fine. We used up all the eggs as we normally would, and better yet, no stink!
Easter Dresses
Ava was with me in Park City and got to see first hand the head scratching and brain juice that goes into trying to decide on Easter dresses. I said, 'This is the last year I am doing this!" Course it isn't, but you get that way ya know? I was spent by the time we got back to Heber and so we just watched the Women's Conference Broadcast from home.
I am all about those Pepperidge Farms frozen cakes.
Callie's First and Last First Grade Program
This was our sixth child to be in the "What do you want to be when you grow up?" program put on the JR Smith first graders every. single. year. It was cute to see Callie up there singing the songs that all her siblings have sung at one point. However, this is the last year they are doing that program. I was glad to see it one. more. time.We checked out Mallerie, Ava, and Grayson from school to come support the baby.
Wacky Date night
So first we went to a presentation where you get vouchers
for hotels and flights and stuff. I don’t know why we just did! That was a
bit awkward because we didn’t buy, we just took our free
gifts. THEN we decided to go to the Olive Garden (we always go to celebrate our first
date which was on Mar 26th). We were told it would be a 25-minute wait but we
waited less than 10 min. We got seated and the waitress comes over, “Sorry to
interrupt you…..I always feel SO bad doing that…” We said, “That is fine” (we
get it, you have to get the customers attention.) Then she said, “I am SO sorry
about the wait!” We said,“We didn’t wait long at all.” So she comes back and we place
our order. Matt ordered a steak, and I ordered the fish (like pretty much every
time we eat out). She comes back a minute later, “I am SO sorry but since the
steak takes longer to cook we are going to wait and bring out the fish.” We
assured her, “It’s fiiiine.” I mean we GET IT. This is not our first time at a
restaurant. But she kept coming back and apologizing! You wouldn’t believe it.
I don’t think we would have realized how long it was taking if she didn’t keep
apologizing, “Are you SURE I can’t get you more soup or salad? It’s going to be
a bit longer.” But we didn’t want to fill up on all of that. And we weren’t
complaining. Then she comes back and says, “The steak must have been frozen, I am
going to send over the manager.” By now it seemed like everyone was staring at
us like we had all these issues! So the manager comes over and says, “I
understand you have been waiting 45 minutes for your steak!” Matt wondered, "We have???" She said, “Let me see what I can take off your
bill.” When she left Matt and I were looking at each other like “Just leave us
alone how about.” FINALLY The steak was brought out and the waitress comes back
to check, “How is your steak?” “Fine” “It better be after all of that! I am
SOOOOO SOOOOOOORY I can’t believe this happened!!!! Is there anything…” Matt
finished her sentence, “We need, yes know, we will tell you.” She walked off with
the most sympathetic look like our house had just burned down. It was really
bugging! So then we were done and wanted to leave but the thingy at our table
wasn’t ready for us to swipe. We told her we were ready to pay our bill. She
said, “Let me see first what the manager took off.” But she never came back! We
finally pushed the “call waiter” button. She came back all proud, “The manager
said everything is on the house so you can leave whenever.” (but she wasn’t going to tell us????) She
then went on to say, “But you can stay as looooong as you want. IS THERE
ANYTHING I CAN GET FOR YOU????? I AM SOOOOO SORRY THIS ALL HAPPENED, I JUST
CAN’T BELIEVE THIS ALL HAPPENED.” (Why would we want to sit there even
longer?????) After she got us our mints and walked away, I said to Matt, “Do we
still leave a tip?” He said, “I don’t have any cash.” I said, “And what is 20%
of zero?” We busted outta there. That waitress!!!!!!! SO irritating. Everyone
was looking at us like we were these complainers and we never complained once!
I wanted a paper to write, “Here is a TIP, STOP
APOLOGIZING.”









































