Gray Gray May 9, 2017

FOURTEEN
You want to know something I love about Gray? That at least once a day I can get him gut grabbing laughing.


Gray was NOT laughing though when his tooth began acting up. He had a botched cavity a few years back on a molar that has since given him issue. We switched dentists, but even this new guy was scratching his head as to what to do. It was finally decided that Grayson's wisdom tooth could one day fill in so I decided to make the call and get it yanked. The relief on Gray's face afterwards washed away any doubt I had made the right decision. Tooth pain is. the. worst.

I am happy to report that Gray's temperament seems to be mellowing out. We were remembering a few years back when he was having a particularly grouchy evening. As I got in the van to take Mallerie to work, the other kids got in the car happy for a break! After dropping off Mal I said, "I don't really want to go back home to that just yet." So we ate dinner at Cafe' Rio and then brought some home for Grayson. He was very distraught that we had gone out to eat without him even though we brought him food. He kept asking, "Was that the master plan??" It has become a bit of a joke over the years, "Was that the master plan?" So for his birthday Matt presented him with a journal, on the cover was inscribed, "THE MASTER PLAN."
It is now full of sport stats.
Gray chose to have a cookout for his birthday dinner. We drove to one of our usual spots, Whisky Springs and saw caution tape around the flooded parking lot. The spring run-off was no joke this year. (Grayson got some much-needed new shoes. He now wears the same size as Matt!


Though a bit muddy, our favorite campsite at Wasatch State Park was available. We unloaded our loot and the boys put their scouting skills to use. 

We began roasting our hotdogs when the chap from the site across the way meandered over. He was having trouble getting a fire going. We offered him a hot dog and he obliged. He said he is in the process of taking a solo cross country trip and had been amazed at the generosity of strangers. He got a photo of us to put in his travel book. After he left back to his camp the kids admitted they were nervous he was going to stay the whole time when we had S'more fun planned.

The donuts Matt brought home from the trade show were delicious but equated to too many sweets!

Grayson does not enjoy his life being documented by photos. Mallerie shows us "U" face.

I was so glad she was back under our roof. She added so much to the party. Gray was especially glad she was there, "Mallerie is so funny!"
We had a good time around the campfire as the sun set. The best of times I would say. Gray told us of his 6th grade teacher from Intermediate School who would make the kids feel silly if they brought a birthday treat. He'd chuckle like he was humoring them, "Grayson brought a birthday treat," said like it was quite lame.

Matt has often said he is not a fan of S'more's. They are awkward to eat and the chocolate never seems to melt all the way. But I have a great roaster especially made for S'mores that we used.



If you can't beat em, join em.