Gray Gray FIFTEEN 5/9/18


Here are some tidbits from my letters to Mallerie on how her brother is growing right up!
On Monday night Heather came over to drop a bunch of things off and ended up talking Dad and I in the garage for a while. When we came back inside Grayson was so bugged because he had been ready with family night for a while. He had a conference talk and story all ready to go. Graham had made peanut butter cookies. I popped one in my mouth and said, “Yum!” He looked so disappointed. I realized he had made them for the family night treat. What good kids we have! Seriously! What 14-year-old boy gets family night ready all on his own? Another night this week when dad was busy at the Pow Wow Grayson did dad’s dish night without being asked. And another night after dinner Grayson said, “We should read scriptures now.” 

Grandma Donna and Grandpa Mike came for Sunday dinner on May 6th to celebrate early with us. Matt made ribs in the Dutch oven and it smelled like summer! We even ate outside on the patio because the weather was so perfect. G-ma brought a cake for Gray and a birthday card. I watched as he patiently waited till the adults were done talking to open it. He is very thoughtful. We were currently working on a puzzle that Grandma gave Callie. It is a hard one, and we told Grandma that. Grandma said, "Throw it in the trash!" Haha. That night as were laying in bed Matt was telling me all the busy things he had going on with work that week and he asked me what I had going on. I said, "I've gotta work on that puzzle..." And I did! 
Gift bags all ready to go for Grayson's big 15th on May 9th! Nothing like the mystery of a gift bag.

Graham sometimes sleeps in the other bed in Callie's room. I had to laugh when I came out in the morning to set the gifts out. Graham had piled all of Callie's baby dolls on the chair. He hates dolls. They creep.him.out.


I asked Mallerie in a letter, "Wasn't your fifteenth birthday when you went to Disneyland? Well, Grayson went to Kneaders."
Since Grayson's birthday fell on a Wednesday it was a youth night. It was our ward's turn to have a fireside with a member of the Stake Presidency in their home. I couldn't justify being at the bowling alley during it. I think we made the right choice. Grayson even made a comment. He enjoyed goofing off with the youth in the backyard afterwards. Hey, and they served brownies, his favorite!

Grayson's Fat Pig
I got an email from the art department at the high school that the student's work would be on display for an open house. I was delighted to go, Grayson didn't want to me to go and didn't want to come with me. He said, "Why would you want to go to that?" BUT I love seeing his work and I was also able to see several of the youth's entries. The next day Grayson came home from school and said, "I got extra credit because you went, now I have an A, thanks!" 


Grayson continues to be a homebody like me. We have the Life360 app on our phones that shows the location of each family member. I was looking at it one day and seeing what different buttons did. There was a heart next to Grayson's name so I hit it. Nothing happened. When Grayson came home from school he said, "Mom, when I was taking a math test today, my phone dinged and the message read, "Mom loves that you are school." Hahahaha. I showed him how I did it. A few days later Grayson was at school and my phone dinged, "Grayson loves that you are at home."