We decided it was time to re-do our master bathroom and scheduled the third week of August for the demolition: Here is is BEFORE:
While the guy came and tore out our bathroom, he kept the door closed. This kept most of the dust in one place. We couldn't see what he was doing but could hear all kinds of saws and pounding. He would come out every now and then with big bags to put in his truck. I stayed in Callie's room with her most of the time. We read Because of Winn Dixie cover to cover, a book I picked up at Savers a week before.
When the guy finished for the day the bathroom looked like this:
We found our new supplies at Floor and Decor in Sandy and a cabinet and counter top at companies nearby. We were just figuring the whole thing out as we went as far as where to find supplies.
We had a pony wall built as part of the new shower. The plumber was there that same day to reconfigure the drain so he and the carpenter were sort of working on top of each other. Matt observed that the carpenter seemed to know more about plumbing than than the plumber, which made him nervous. I was gone on errands all day and Matt informed me of this when I got home. We appreciate a thorough job, but the plumber was seriously here for like nine hours. I stood in my room and listened to him work (the door to the bathroom was partly ajar), I could hear, "Hmmmm, Oh dear, Uhhhh." I could tell he was really scratching his head as how to reconfigure the heating vent. Not the sounds you want to hear. He was a nice enough guy but when it came time for the in the fixtures to be installed we asked for someone else;) Lyle came and he was great. He was a total Chris Farley. He came the evening before he was to work so he cold get a lay of the land, if you will. He said, "Okay, tomorrow I will be back so don't be alarmed when you see a chubby guy coming in and out of your house. That is the downside of the remodel. I had to get used to strange men in my master bed and bath. Each day I documented the progress.
It was fun shopping for accessories and such.
I finally got around to sealing the marble in my bathroom. It was a very stinky foamy substance I had to roll on. Even though the glass has not come in for the shower for six weeks we still used it. Who am I to have such fancy bathroom??
We had an absolutely fabulous tile guy named Pedro. In fact, Pedro should be in our Christmas card. He really became part of the family that week or two he was here. I would always bring him dinner if he was still here while we were eating. I happened to be making a lot of burritos and such. It really was just a coincidence!
He seemed very proud of the nice job he had done when the work was finished.
He seemed very proud of the nice job he had done when the work was finished.
I asked him, "Did I ever show you what our bathroom looked like before?" He said, "Yeah, like the other one (the hall bathroom), " with a chuckle. Pedro.




























