September 2020

I Love to be in the Temple
Summer for me officially wound down the middle of September when my second semester of PathwayConnect began on the 14th. I've recorded many summer highlights, but getting back to the temple was one of the biggest. I attended a training meeting on a Sunday in August before starting up in September. 

My new assignment is to act as a Guest Host for groups coming in with someone to be endowed. I greet them at the door and stay with them all the way till they leave back through the door. Aside from the mask thing, it is so so great to be back!

Back to School for ME!

Same goes for seeing my classmates every Thursday morning from 9-11 am—and no masks required!

Tea for Two

In September, Sundays became tea with Callie. Tea time at our house has gotten a little more sophisticated over the years.

Still, I miss the old days too.

Graham is more of a hot cocoa kind of guy.

That is Plane Facsinating

Even more than hot cocoa, Graham is an airplane kind of guy. 
 

Like, BIG time. When we read that a B-25 was coming to the Heber Airport, he was so excited! The two of us spent an afternoon touring the museum and the PLANE! The pilot was there to answer questions, but Graham had more facts than I would ever even think to ask. Over the next couple of days, we could hear when that B-25 was in the air. It had a distinct roar. If it wasn't going to cost me my yearly savings, I would have had him take a ride.

With Graham, we have been through some intense phases: dinosaurs, trains, policemen, Indian Jones, and now planes.

The following Saturday, after Grayson's race in Roy, we stopped at the Aerospace Museum in Ogden. We have never been before. It is an impressive museum! Seeing the B-52 prompted me to sing "Love Shack" again and again.



On the way home, we swung by the Salt Lake Temple construction site to see how things are coming along.
Two steps forward, three steps back. 

Graham says he would like to play the trombone in the AirForce. Time will tell! In the meantime, we enjoyed an outdoor band concert at the end of September.

Now he just needs to learn the sound-track from Top Gun.

Uncle Cousin Sam
It was so fun to have Sam visit from Hawaii! He was in Utah for a mission reunion. Since Grayson was speaking in church the following Sunday, he came to our ward. Grandma and Grandpa also attended. Grayson had called Grandma Donna during the week for her conversion story so he could share it. Everyone came over for lunch afterward. I had to show Sam the photo album of our last visit to Hawaii. Sam was 11—Callie's age! It has been fun to see the relationship Mallerie and Ava have with him now. He took some things back to Hawaii for them. Their next upcoming adventure was a trip to Brazil! Sam, Jan, Mal, and Ava. These kids. As I said, now it's all on them.

 
Matt got home right as it was time to eat. We like to have food ready for the hungry man. Later, he asked me how the afternoon had gone. I told him that everyone visited in the living room while I prepared lunch. Matt said, "You are a lot like your Granny in that way. You'd rather be busy in the kitchen than sitting and visiting." True words!
 Callie's photos are very....heavenly;)

September Book Club Read

 Team of Rivals
 

Wow. A lot of the same shenanigans that were going on then in the world of politics still are!

Swing on By!
On the last weekend of September, we were invited to the Krull's for swing dancing. I've said it before—and I'll say it again—Janell gets me out of my comfort zone! We could not get Grayson out of his, however. Even though his friends were there, he couldn't be persuaded. So, while the kids stayed home, Matt and I twirled the night away in the Krull's backyard. 

Odds and Ends
Super odd that what began as a quarter-size rust spot on the van's rear bumper soon turned into a dinner plate-sized splotch. No. Just no. I wasn't okay with it. We took advantage of having our local insurance agent—who is also our friend—step in. He reimbursed the whole repair. I don't mind driving a mini-van. In fact, it's really is one of the most comfortable ways to travel. But I will not. Will. Not. Have missing hubcaps or rust splotches the size of dinner plates. Just no.
 
This summer was the end of our washing machine. Grandma was over for dinner when she concurred, "I don't think your washer is supposed to sound like that." No. just. no.