I don't need no groundhog to tell me there are six more weeks of winter.




Life-long Learning
I was listening to a podcast where the question was posed, "What kind of family are you?" Answers included "an outdoor family, a bookworm family, a movie family." As I thought about my own family, I hoped that we would all acknowledge a life focused on the Savior's atonement and gratitude. Right now, in addition, I would say, "We are a family focused on education." I am engulfed as a full-time student, Katrina is teaching, Mal graduated in education, and Binnie is a full-time student. Callie is rocking Middle School, Grayson is a steward of the Lord, and Graham is studying to pass the exam to get a drone license.
As I took him to school one morning, I had him take a picture of yet another gorgeous sunrise. I asked if the cold weather was what was making the jet stream last so long. He proceeded to tell me how a jet engine is 2,000°and other facts. As I drove away, I mumbled, "The equilateral biplane intercepts at approximately the third equinox...."

Super Bowl
We went to Shafer and Lindsey's for a Super Bowl party, which they are Super great to host! I got to meet baby Blair for the first time (Raegan and Tyrell's sweet bebe girl). Shafer had been experimenting with making bread (with gluten;). I told him how I do it in 45 min from start to finish. He was intrigued. I sent some pictures the next week of the process.
Nothing quite like slicing into hot homemade bread!
Add some homemade chicken noodle soup and now we're cookin'.
He sent back his results. Lookin' good Shae!
Flying Colors
Callie joined me to watch Graham present the colors before a WHS basketball game. Graham executed with precision and I was impressed with the flag!
Graham also passed his driving test with flying colors.
Nestled
Putting holiday decor away always leads to a spruce up of the house, which is really just rearranging my same old stuff, such as putting former pillow covers back on the couch cushions. I did add a funky rug to the living room and a green lamp to the dining room that I thrifted. Yes, I am going for a busy pattern, fussed-up, overdone, almost cluttered vibe.
Such a different feel from night to day.
I also found a blouse that still had the tag on it. I learned why. It is missing a buttonhole at the neck. When people sit behind me they try and button it for me to no avail. Hi, Gray Gray.
Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark
Callie's concert. Sometimes they play with other schools. I love hearing Callie's group play. During the other schools I will admit that in the shadows, I had my earbuds in listening to a podcast:/
Not long after I was back to hear Graham in the band. There is something full-circle about hearing him play a childhood favorite theme song that gets me choked up. Here is Jurassic Park.
St. Valentine's Day 2023
Both Graham and Callie worked on V-Day, so Matt and I had dinner and a Mexican place we hadn't tried before and enjoyed the hot tub and a movie at home.
Days like this make me feel we will be just fine as empty nesters eventually. You will notice the next-to-nothing effort of my table—my energy is with school right now. But I did write a Valentine to all my Bocies. Some arrived by post.
That weekend Matt and I did steal away to the All-Stars Game at the U. Man, it was a mile walk just to get to the Huntsman Center, but once inside, we saw the likes of Shaq!
Another Missionary!
The day after Valentine's, we drove to Provo to watch Adren open his mission call. He was calm and collected, at least on the outside. We held our breath till he announced, "Syracuse, NY!"
I shared the photos I took with Lins; she has them on her blog. All the feels for here on this day. All the feels. Elder Geertsen reports in May!
More Church Lady
Temple trip to Provo City Center with G&C. February 18, 2023. Graham's first time being a baptizer. I loved seeing him document the occasion.
The YW stopped by while on a scavenger hunt. They were looking for pictures of Jesus. I found enough for each to take one home.
GALentines
Callie proved to have a lot of me in her. She set the party up and made the food all by herself. She said that she re-did the table a few times till she was happy with the result. A mini-me. The two of us were surprised that neither Matt nor Graham had ever heard the term GALentines. I guess when you think about it, why would they have?
Her party was on the Thursday following Valentine's, which is my long day; I am gone for most Thursdays. That particular day, I had my early morning swim, my temple shift, my plasma donation, and then a Costco run. As I headed up University, I realized, "I'm so sleeeeepy. I'll never make it." I pulled over across from the Riverwoods into a floral shop parking lot and reclined my seat. I ZONKED. When I awoke, the sun was nearly set. I hustled home to add my fruit platter to the table. The friends were enjoying her homemade Fired-up Mac n' Cheese and baguettes.
Ava was in Kauai spending time with Mal. Loved seeing both their shining faces as we Face-timed the following Sundee.
Love from sea to shining sea.