I was just going to look. Really.
Passing by the local Christmas tree lot, I noticed the plethora of new trees. They were so beautiful! I got out to walk the lot. It was a sunny day, which brought out the smell of pine. Several workers were standing around. The first time I stopped in front of a tree, one of them quickly came forward, stood the tree up, fluffed it out, and presented it to me. I nodded that it was very pretty and walked on. I soon noticed the crunch of gravel behind me. When I stopped, the crunching stopped. Sure enough, as soon as I began looking at another tree, it was pulled out, fluffed, and presented to me. I came to the realization, "It looks like I will be going home today with a tree."
And I did.
It was secured to the top of the van for my short drive home. I liked the shadow of the van with fluffy foliage on top.
Since there is zero room for a full-size tree in the living room, I had Graham and Matt help me move the armoire to the corner. Matt was in the process of moving it when he wondered if it would fit (as though I hadn't already measured;) I planned to put the tree in water and let it drink for a day before bringing it inside to decorate. But then, I got sick again! That pesky sickness that took me out the first part of November took me out again the first part of December as well. Ain't got no time for this! I was still down when the Ward Christmas Party rolled around. Callie was in California for Footlocker, and Graham was working, so Matt went by himself! I don't know if he was just hungry, if he genuinely wanted to socialize, or maybe he went for the same reason I would have gone, to see our primary kids. I stayed home, finally able to fuss with the tree. It was chalk-full of fun detail.
I've Been Working on the Railroad
Well, I don't know if "working" is the right word since I never saw a paycheck. I didn't worry too much because I only went a couple of times. Both times, I chatted it up with some of my dearest friends who were fellow hosts. I even got to see Callie in Christmas action!
A new train car just arrived from New York in time for Christmas. As we welcomed the travelers, they were thrilled that coveted tickets suddenly became available after being sold out for months.
Callie got to see me in action at my work when she accompanied me to Todd Hollow Apartments for our after-school activities. She can finally picture what the ding-dang I am talking about!
I was wondering how gift-exchanging would happen at work, but I saw that everyone exchanged small gifts. I was happy to have jars of my homemade peach jam to tie a bow around. Celebrating the King of Kings
by worshipping in the Taylorsville Temple.
Matt tried his hand at getting tickets to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, which uses a lottery system. He got four tickets! The Geertsens agreed to take the other two.
Dinner was at Capitol Grill. The Geerts got stuck in traffic. Matt and I were seated, ordered, and were nearly done eating when they arrived. However, the wait staff was quick to bring a few things out and I was happy to share my rather large salmon with Linds. We were able to walk to the Conference Center together. The show was so beautiful! I am excited to see it when it comes out digitally...next year.
I love that they came! We sure love the Geertsens!
Home for the Holidays 2024
Working on my degree last year and then planning for our epic Kauaian adventure, December was a whirlwind. This year, it was nice to slow down and enjoy the season.
When a member of the Bishopric stopped by to ask us to speak on the 15th, Matt nearly told him that it wouldn't work because I was speaking in another ward on the 29th. However, I said, "If I can use the same talk, then sure!" I know how demanding the season can be for young moms. I figured this was my gift to the ward, for the moms to not have to speak in December.
I also had time to fit in a trip to the dentist and finish the book for Book Club, Lessons in Chemistry.
Graham was wrapping up his Senior year of high school! I observed that no matter when you end, you get Senioritis. Sometimes he would ditch with friends instead of class. I said, "This is the high school experience I can relate to!" He also took the ACT without any prep, just to see how he would do. I relate to that too!
This is the first year that Callie bemoaned Home Alone. You go along thinking you have traditions that the kids can't live without, and then find out some things aren't all that to them. She doesn't think it is worth being an annual movie. So, we tried a new release for our Sunday night movie, Candy Cane Lane. Oh my word. It is soooooo bad! We were dying from boredom. We had to turn it off—and we are Eddy Murphy fans! It'll be interesting to see what traditions these four keep up when they have families of their own. But one tradition, everyone agrees is a keeper, is...
Daddy Fun Day!
What didn't they do?
Mt. Timpanogos, casually showing off in the distance, is epic.
Christmas Card!
Graduation Announcement!
Christmas Eve 2024
Little India
This is Graham's dinner, turned into a theme for the entire Christmas season. This is Graham's salad...
That evening, Matt took us down memory lane and showed the flyer of our home when we bought it, as well as some treasures from Christmases past.
What once was a house has become a home.
He had asked each of the kids to come up with something to share. Callie played the violin, Grayson and Ava's thoughts were spiritual, and Graham led us in the tray game!
The kids exchanged gifts with each other. Mallerie had sent us chains for our cellphones. I had it on as a necklace when we FaceTimed, pretending that I loved my new "necklace," which made her very nervous that we didn't love it. However, if putting a smile on our faces was the goal, mission accomplished!
Katrina face-timed from Australia, where it was ready Christmas Day. She was spending the holiday with Michael's family.
I gave everyone three journals: a gratitude journal, a journal for how they have seen the hand of God, and a journal for what they do for others. Just an invitation. My family gifts were also family-related. I had printed out several prints from our family photo session, such as this one for my nightstand, and a large print for the dining room. I had to redo the wall collage, but I like it!
Merry Christmas, 2024!
This BIG TV is even bigger than I anticipated! We decided to set up before bed, but it seemed like a two-man job (as long as one of them wasn't me). Graham had just gone to his room, so I suggested we use him. Matt was like, "Really? Okay." Graham got to play Santa for a sec and help get it set up. I appreciated that!
Oh, the jolly Christmas room. It is a physical room, a room in my brain, and a room in my heart.
We had a nice brunch before opening gifts.



I remember playing Trivia Pursuit at my Granny Woolf's with the aunties and uncles. The questions seemed confusing, and the answers were usually things only the adults had heard of. Well, the tables have turned, and our kids were saying the same thing about Cranium. When Matt asked, "Which film producer made the Brat Pack movies of the '80s?" I knew right away, "John Hughes!"
I decided we needed some sort of official graduation ceremony, but didn't know what that looked like. I got out the cap and gown for photos. Then I played the graduation march as Graham went through and shook everyone's hands and gave hugs.
TaySulZol Party
December 27, 2024
Highland, UT
Linda called Matt to help organize the party this year. He was on it! He got assignments out STAT!
The day of, I rummaged through the basement to see what I could bring for centerpieces. Cade and Ash's girls helped put something together, and it all worked out. Linda seemed pleasantly surprised when she came to see how it all had come together. And, there was a great turnout!
What a great group!
Family. Is. Everything.
Annual Friends of the Sheriff Skating Party
December 28, 2024
The ham Matt cooked on the grill looked an awful lot like the amaryllis I got from my ministering sister. We had fun watching it grow, practically before our eyes. We got three separate blooms.
A heart full of gratitude as we get ready to usher in 2025.
On New Year's Eve Day, our day and plans kept changing by the minute. We had three tickets for Moana, because Callie wanted to see it. Then there was talk of a BYU Basketball game from Grayson. Callie decided she would rather go to that, and surprisingly, Graham said he'd go to Moana. Those of us who went to the movie got in a nice nap! Turned out to be a good thing that I was rested. That evening, there was a dance at Midway Town Hall that Matt mentioned attending. Lying on the bed, I could go either way, "You decide." Matt pulled me up, and off we went.
There was a live band and cheesecake. We danced till the brink of 10 pm!
Welcome 2025~




































































































