Bear Lake Taylor Family Reunion July 10th-13th, 2025

 Summer 2025 Trippin'

UPCA Bryce Summit & Girl's Camp, Moab June 9-13

Ward Pioneer Trek, Wyoming, June 23-26

Youth Bryce Summit June 30-July 2

 So Cal July 2-July 6

 Bear Lake Taylor Family Reunion July 10-13

 Pac Northwest Family Road Trip July 18-27

 Callie in Kauai & Oahu July 27- August 12

Business in the front, party in the back. Ash found a great Airbnb that was brand-spankin' new. We were cutting tags off things and removing plastic. Seems we were the first guests! I enjoyed this view as I did yoga on the deck in the morning...in full-sun:/

Callie and I were the sole representatives of the Boc clan, so we were happy to have Landrie ride up with us.

I don't know why I don't pull out my camera more at these things. Hopefully, it is because I am immersed in the experience—just enjoying it. The reunion consisted of chatting, eating, spending time at the lake, a beautiful hike, and a glow-in-the-dark dance party. I chatted so much that my throat was raw by the last day, no joke. I rummaged the cupboards for something warm to soothe it. Ash always comes in clutch...even when she doesn't know it;)

The first night, as we sat outside chatting, I saw the sky above the mountains slowly illuminate till I saw the full moon begin to rise. TWO moon rises in as many months! I have since learned it was a buck moon, since it is the full moon in July. I peeked my head inside the family room, where the teens were gathered around the TV to let them know how amazing it was. No one budged. I probs wouldn't have either at that age. 

Lake Time!
Our stay included passes to beach access just down the road, which we headed to after breakfast the next morning.
We had quite a group at our spot on the shore, two Easy Ups with camp chairs spilling out the sides. I was happy to have an easy up and two paddle boards to add to the mix, though pumping them up is a bugger on the arms. When Austin asked if any were more available, I told him there was one more if he was willing to put in the work; he was! 

I enjoyed my time on the lake, paddle-boarding, though I was discouraged with how difficult it was to stand up! I nearly gave up till I saw Shafer gliding by in a standing position. I took a few spills, but kept trying till I felt like I had stood up sufficiently long. 
At the end of the day, I could NOT get my camp chair to fold up. Maybe sand had gotten into the crevices? The Geertsen's had the same chair, and it wouldn't fold up either! We ended up leaving them at the beach for anyone to enjoy. 

White Pines Trail
Those people turned out to be us! Everyone wanted to go to the beach again the next day. I know from last time that two days of sitting at the beach are a little redundant for me. I wanted to explore the mountains! Of course, master hiker Jonny had done the research and knew of the perfect place, so the two of us set off to the White Pine Trail, which was about 8 1/2 miles round trip, just right. Instead of hiking up to a scenic area, we hiked down to the lake. The views! The wildflowers! I think Jon got a photo of every single one.


The hike was invigorating to the soul. The house was pretty much empty when we returned—save for a few stragglers. I showered up before the masses arrived from the lake and used up the hot water. They had spent another full day at the lake. Callie couldn't believe that we had been hiking the whole time!

By all measures, the reunion was a success. These moments of bonding are crucial for the cousins as they set off into the world, to know who their roots are with!

We are rooting for each one of them.