The following night was the MISS Wasatch Pageant and we enjoyed the tunes of Abba sprinkled throughout the program. However, the evening was not without controversy either. A bored teen in the back used his voice and some choice words to describe what he thought of the evening. AWKWARD.
The Farmers Market runs throughout the summer every Thursday night at the city park. A live band plays while local farmers unload their crop and venders sell their food and goods. We usually just look but this time Color Me Mine was there and Mallerie and Ava enjoyed painting their ceramics till the sun set.
During the fair only Mallerie and Ava entered the 4H Fashion/Talent show. It was a good thing I was in attendance as well since I ended up being one of the piano movers between talent entries. It was all good till the other gal rolled the piano over my toe. I put on my best, "Oh, that didn't hurt at all" face and the show went on!
We all agreed we needed to stay away from the carnival because we knew none of us would have the strength to tell Graham “no” about going on the rides. It would be too tempting after being able to get on any ride at Lagoon. So instead we went to the outdoor movie, “Astronaut Farmer.” I was on the phone with my VT companion making arrangements since we were taking her daughter when she learned that we had not seen the movie before. She started telling me all about it. Well, I’m one who doesn’t like to know ANYTHING about a movie. I practically don’t even like to know who is in it. So I butted in, “Yeah, there was a write-up in the paper.” This was true, there had been a write up in the paper, I just chose not to read it!
Mallerie made her usual haul by entering her crafts in the exhibits and chose to buy a rip stick with her earnings this time instead of a doll. I entered some photos I had taken of the flowers in the backyard. Katrina didn't get a lip-sync together in time to enter so the honors went to someone else but I had a great idea if she changed her mind. I said she should come out all frumpy and there would be a judges table where they were rolling their eyes. Then the music would start and it would be Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream" and as soon as she started 'singing' the judges would start clapping and crying and crying their eyes out.


