You can imagine how hard it was to not throw her birthday on the back burner with it being the same day as my Stone Soup activity, especially since it was her big EIGHTH. I did have to put the kibosh on a friend party though. There was just no way. I sweet-talked her into agreeing to celebrate on the following day (Saturday) in any way she chose.
Birthday's are hard on the younger ones aren't they?
It wasn't long till the babes took over Ava's new purple bean bag. Mallerie got one in June.
Clean up had gone pretty smoothly after the activity other than I was stuck with the produce no one wanted. I was stuck with gobs of Swiss chard. I had chard coming out of my chard I guess you could say. I never did use it. I don’t know what it is and I didn’t want to find out. After the activity though we came home to enjoy birthday cake and more gift opening. She also wanted to do sparklers in the backyard. It was a gorgeous night and we all enjoyed it. After which, she requested we watch her new birthday movie downstairs: Hannah Montana. It was nice to sit down! I brought a sleeping Callie downstairs with me and rocked her. Matt said, “She was asleep in her bed!” But oh, I just wanted to HOLD her. I felt like I had neglected her and she felt so cuddly in my arms. I love to hold a sleeping baby.

Katrina's attempt at love
Saturday we all headed to Kamas pool minus Katrina who really isn’t in to swimming right now. Since it was Ava’s day I did whatever she wanted, “Mom, go down the waterslide!” I went down the waterslide. “Mom, go off the high dive!” I went off the high dive. It was a lot more painful than I thought it would be. That water really slaps your thighs. Plus even though I was plugging my nose the force of the water went up it anyway. I was sure the second time I could improve my posture and hold on my nose to make it more enjoyable. More pain. Even the low dive left my head spinning. For adventure I stuck to the lazy river or the waterslide. Grayson wouldn’t give the waterslide a try but Graham was eager to go with anyone who would allow him to. He even got away and went down by himself! I knew he had gone up the stairs and thought he would catch up with Matt and the kids but when they came down without him I let them know Graham was still up at the top. Before we knew what was happening Graham came spitting out the bottom of the slide. I was standing right there so I brought him above water. Underneath his dripping hair and lashes was the biggest grin, “I did it! I go big slide!” That was all the motivation Grayson needed, “I’m going to do it.” He did and loved it. It was a happy day for Ava and everyone.







