Over in a Flash
For some reason JR Smith Elementary has gotten their hands on an endless supply of Utah Flash tickets. Matt describes the team as rejects that couldn’t make the NBA. The games are held in Orem at UVU at the McKay Events Center. Mallerie attended the last one with friends. Grayson excitedly brought home two more tickets on Tuesday and begged that I take him to Wednesday’s game (4/7/10). Of course Matt was out of town since it was a Wednesday and the day held all it’s usual running around. But Grayson had not forgotten when evening rolled around. I left Mallerie in charge of dishing up leftovers for dinner so Grayson and I could leave. It was so hard leaving Graham behind but I felt it best to just have the one on one with Gray. Graham cried in the doorway as we drove away with my heartstrings still attached to the garage door. At the events center we discovered that Parking was five bucks! I didn’t have any cash or my checkbook with me. It turned out to not be such a bad thing since that allowed us to get in for free. Grayson said, “Now everything’s free!” I’ve never been to this venue and noted that there is no way that court is standard size. Grayson was so into the game. Right away he asked which color was “us” and he clapped and cheered at all the right moments. The Flash played Iowa for the Championship. I’m more of a people watcher but did enjoy waving my arms at the blimp trying to get a gift card to drop. I’m all about those. Both times the card landed a row in front of us. During timeouts the dancers came out and right away Grayson wanted to know why they weren’t playen ball! He was hungry so we caught a bite at Wendy’s afterwards. I said, “This has been a fun date Grayson”. He said, “Yeah, like on Enchanted where you talk about your likes and dislikes.” I said, “So what are your likes and dislikes?” Apparently that question was a dislike. He was asleep by the time we got home so when I woke him up he said, “That went by fast.” Don’t you mean, “In a FLASH?”