Snapshots of Easter 2010

Matt had arranged to not be out of town like he had originally planned for Passover (April 1st) so I couldn’t let Katrina stay at her friend’s house during dinner. I think after she saw all the work that had gone into it she was appreciative. As she left later that evening she said, “Thanks for dinner.” I appreciated that. We feasted on lamb chops, Romaine lettuce in Caesar salad, unleavened bread, carrots, and wine...(April Fools!)






Eggs
Dying Easter Eggs was a first for Graham. Once he sat down with is eggs at the table and saw all the colored water in front of him he didn’t know what came next. I said in my Nursery voice, “Put the egg in the wat-er.” He tried cracking it to break it like he was baking. Once he got the gist of it though you can bet he was putting his eggs in one color after another. This resulted in his coming out a little tye-dyed. I was glad Katrina joined us and there was even enough eggs for me to dye some. We’ll be eating egg dishes for a while I expect: hard-boiled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs, deviled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, you get the idea.



We made Easter Rolls by putting a marshmallow inside the roll while it baked. The marshmallow dissolved and it left an empty “tomb.”