Honest Abe. Katrina drew this center picture last year in 8th grade art using a graph technique (I wish Matt's computer let me zoom). She was quite pleased with how it turned out and asked for a frame when she brought it home. It sits proudly on her windowsill. Towards the end of school last year there was an incident that caused her to loose the privilege of having her own room downstairs temporarily. We asked her to bring her essentials up to the girl’s room where she would be sleeping. We were surprised to see Abe sitting on the upstairs shelf. He made the cut as an "essential." It was only natural for her to enter Abe in the county fair. To all of our joy Abe made it to the State Fair. We couldn’t pass up this opportunity to go and say hello. The county fair was in August, the state fair was in September, the 4-H department kept Abe for the time in-between. Katrina panicked, "when will I get him back?' I assured her, "You'll get Abe back, honest."
Mallerie's items that went to state were: her "Knot-a-quilt" she tied at Christmas and her girl’s camp bracelet. I felt a little like Katrina when I knew they'd be keeping it for so long. I put that bracelet on after girls camp because it was too big for Mallerie's wrist and I felt bare without it. The room was a colorful display of projects from all over the state. Aside from getting separated from Graham temporarily, we were all smiles.
And since we had come all that way, we couldn't very well go home without having some fun.
I was concentrating so hard on waving to Ava and Graham that I failed to notice that Grayson was also on the carousel. He did make this shot though-he's in his yellow soccer jersey towards the back. He just didn't get a wave from his mama. I felt badly about that.
The night was literally perfect. Mallerie pitched in some of her own money to go on the bungee jumper.
I don't know which is brighter the boys swords or Ava's shirt. It's a great shirt.













