Party Pants Ava September 11, 2010

 

Ava turns 9! Oh how we love our Ava. We love her because she's our sweet daughter, we love her because she's so perfect, (we even love her when she's not perfect), we love Ava because there is so much of Ava to love. At her parent/teacher conference yesterday her teacher said, "This will be fast because it's Ava and she is so wonderful." Wonderful Ava. Ava had dreams of having her party at the Lion House with 12 freinds and family members (she's been to a party there before). Alas it was too expensive for this year. I talked her into another idea that she got on board with right away. She gave her friends a regular size invitation and also a miniature invitation. The mini one was addressed to "Your Favorite Doll." At the party there was a large tea table for the guests and a mini of everything for the dolls. You can bet Callie was never far from that doll table. I took way more pictures than this even and she is at that dolll table in ALL of them. She looked like the jolly giant.






 Most of the girls brought their AmericanGirl doll. I did the hair of some of them.
The girls went out back and decorated tiny doll visers as a party favor.
Love this shot of Callie at that little table. Ava said, "She keeps using the cups and silverware!" I assured her the dolls wouldn't mind and that we should care about a real person's feelings more than a dolls. Besides, the guests had fun washing them in the sink to use for themselves. I should set this up for lunch one day. I know it would keep Callie busy for hours. Callie was soft and gentle for the most part and oh-so-interested in that tiny table.
 After blowing out her candles on her cake, Ava blew out the tiny cake. There's Callie!

 Sliced up, this Oreo cookie cake looked like a filled chocolate layer cake and tasted scrumpdillyumptious.

 The doll cones were caramel Bugels. We used a tiny Ben and Jerry's for the doll cones to be scooped out of.
Ava had another plan set in her mind to go to Classic Skating as a family that evening. As the day wore on I knew it was going to be a bit of hassle and expense to go down to Orem. Besides, the day was so gorgeous that it seemed like we'd be breaking a commandment to spend it in a stuffy arena when here Duck Pond was at it's best. We took some chicken and a blanket. Our blanket. The one that a big black lady made for Matt on his mission. As Matt was folding it up he asked, "Can you imagine if we didnt' have this blanket?" I couldn't. The picture was to grim, to gruesome. I told him to NEVER make me picture our lives without that blanket EVER again.
  I've mentioned before that I love this place haven't I?
Ava's new wheels. A few nights ago we went on a pajama walk. Well, the girls were on their beach cruisers. Now that Ava has this bike, all is well in the world. Just look at this sweet thing. Ava, not the bike. Okay, the bikes pretty sweet too. She hasn't taken it off any sweet jumps yet though.