GRAHAMer I Love!

How could so much love and tenderness be packed into one little body I ask you.

Food in the Dark
I heard Graham asking Katrina one day if they were going to have food in the dark again. I knew Katrina was a mid-ight snacker but I didn't realized the extent of it. I guess Graham has been joining her in the kitchen after hours for what they have deemed, food in the dark.
He was watching the short Pixar story that comes with Toy Story 3: Day and Night. Or as Graham calls it, "Day and In the Dark."
While I'm on the subject of Toy Story 3. I bought it prematurly instead of waiting till Christmas. I wanted the kids to have something new to be watching during the NKAAFN so they'd stay downstairs. Watching Grahams face in the backseat of the car while he looked at the movie was precious. He noted that Big Baby wasn't in the picture, "She's in the bathroom." Then he immitated her calling out in a grunting voice, "Be there in a minute."
Haircuts
I'd be hard pressed to say who dispises these more, the boys, or me. With Graham it usually takes two seperate sittings because he just can't stand it! I was in-between sittings when the family was over for NKAAFN. I had gotten used to it but to an outsider, the cut was baaaad. So the next day I cut Grayson's and then brought Graham in for his second sitting. Grayson had put up such a fight that Graham was antsy from the beginning from listening to it. I had told Grayson that for boys we have to be able to see their ears. So when Graham sat down he screamed, "People can already see my ears!"

A Ride Down the Canyon
Graham called out that he had seen  a deer. I hadn't seen it so I wondered if it was dead or alive (we see a LOT of dead deer). He answered with, "It was just waking up." Alive then.

Good Night Graham
Graham always wants to watch TV in our room at night and we usually let him. But one particular night we were ready to have him go to his own bed so Matt turned off the TV, "Good night Graham." Graham obediently left and shut the door behind him before Matt turned the TV back on. Soon after we heard Grahams little voice under the door, "You guys need to turn our TV off."

Matt and I were watching Inception in our room and Graham came in just to chcek and see what we were doing. As he left and shut the door I called out, "Can you bring me some water?" I was real thirsty and wished I had asked him while he was in the room. But minutes later he reappeared with TWO cups of water WITH ICE. He had a sheepish grin as he placed one on Matt's nightstand and then made his way to mine. I couldn't praise him enough.
Nursery
I could have bawled my eyes out on his last day of Nursery. Upon learning I won't be in his Primary class anymore he slouched on the couch, "I'm not going to church anymore." Every Sunday around the dinner table as the kids tell what they learned at church Graham gets antsy, "My turn." And yet every week he says the same thing, "Played trains, ate snack, and colored." Never a mention of the lesson. Finally the last Sunday I taught the Christmas lesson he told us at dinner, "There was a new star." Could've bawled.