His wait is over! June 4, 2011




I felt somewhat detached not sewing a dress for Grayson's upcoming baptism. But when a $4 dollar shirt from Kings is enough I may as well not complain. Still, I wanted some photos of him in the bargain shirt. I have fond memories of the girls when I took each of them to Old Town before their baptism. However, Grayson is a BOY and was not thrilled about getting pictures. His grumpiness was making me grumpy so I told Matt I thought it best to just have he and Gray go. Matt got a smile out of the kid, which was more than I was able to do all morning long.

I picked my favorite for the baptism invite. Handsome!
The no fuss atmosphere carried over into the actual baptism where he was baptized with three other kids in his class. This left us with only finding a chorister and a closing prayer. Done and done. Luckily Shafer married into musical talent, and Gray didn't have to think twice about choosing Grandma Donna. Mason had the same idea.

What better way to spend the day of your baptism than...at a baptism!
Cousin Mason Bocanegra was also baptized on Saturday June 4, 2011 in Orem at 10 am. These sound alike guys were born four days apart so this day was bound to happen. At least it was only one trip for Grandma! I sat on the front row with Gray so he was by the speakers. He listened so intently. A few hours later he heard similar talks. You can't have enough repetition in the gospel. Got that Mason?
Back to Heber for Grayson's one o'clock baptism; he was so ready. The primary president asked him as we walked down to the font, "Are you nervous Grayson?" He said, "Nope, I'm excited." He had been looking forward to this day for so long. When Matt took him to get a hair cut for the occasion the stylist asked Grayson, "Do you have any plans this summer?" He answered enthusiastically, "I'm getting baptized." Matt noted that we should all be as eager to discuss when it comes to spiritual things. The Relief Society room where the font is was so crowded when it was Grayson's turn. I stood inside the dressing room door to get an unobstructed view. Aside from Grayson forgetting to plug his nose, all went well and it was special to see Matt baptize a future priesthood holder in our family.
Again I noted the difference from the girl's baptisms. Usually I am the one helping them change and dress as we talk about the spirit we felt as the important step of baptism was made. (I'll add that I also remember to bring the wet clothes home, wink wink).
Gray-son came to Matt his Father in Heber Stake on June the Fourth, and was baptized... (Sung to the tune of John the Baptist)

It's appropriate that Great Granny Woolf is standing in front of Jesus washing the apostles feet.
Granny too has dedicated her life in service.
The next day Grayson sat on the stand with the other newly baptized members of our ward. He told me before church he was trying to decide if he should bear his testimony. I said, "I will if you will." He got up pretty soon into the meeting after Matt. I think it was good he got up when he did because when I was speaking the power went out, "Class dismissed."