Freaky Fun Season Oct 2011

I wish I would have taken a picture of the maple tree out front in all its glory. But the point of this scrawny picture is that this is how Graham knew it was Halloween. The timing is perfect year after year. Instead of counting down in the calendar all the kids have needed to do was press their noses to the glass and see what stage the tree was at: first the leaves turn yellow then they start to fall...all the way up till Halloween day when the last leaf drops.
Grandma Donna paid us a visit at the end of October and she was here to see Katrina off to a costume party and then the kids in their Primary Program the next day. Since she would be leaving during the day on Halloween she let the kids trick-or-treat at the bedroom door after church. The kids were able to round up costumes lickity split. The following pictures tell the tale of our Halloween:
A rose by any other name is still a rose.


They say that Halloween is now a billion dollar industry. I wonder if I contributed to that. I spent $1 on Callie's fairy wings and .50 on this hat from the thrift store.



We handed out the usual salty to go with all the sweet.

This pillow case of Mallerie's is already getting pretty full and it hasn't even gotten dark! (She ended up with 8 lbs of candy. The local dentist traded it for $1 lb. The candy had to be put in separate containers to weigh. Good on ya Mall. I say this because the candy will be sent overseas to the troops who can either eat it or hand it out to the local kids. OR, or they can see if there is a dentist willing to give them eight bucks.


 Maze and Day's. It rhymes!



Just for the record, Grayson ran the maze in 30 seconds, Ava ran it in 29 and I...I ran it in 28 seconds!


By the time we had gotten out of the car when we got home Graham already had his pumpkin at this state. (I love the Kid-safe carvers!) He then proceeded to draw faces on the rest of the pumpkins with a permanent marker. Since he had carved his so early in the month it was slimy and in the trash by Halloween day. I set my white pumpkin on the table the day of to carve and he asked with the most wanting face, "Do you need any help?" I handed it over, "Have at it."






PS: I always find it interesting that nobody asks for any meals in the days following Halloween.