Callie wanted me to help her make a Valenitine card for Mallerie. Keep in mind the card was for Mallerie. I wrote while she talked: "Dear Mallerie, you are nice, Ava is nice too. I love to play with Ava. She is my best friend. I love Ava."
Later she sat with wide eyes in front of her cookie at the table. "I can not eat all that." Katrina was gone that evening and Mallerie left for a track meet in Idaho on Valentines Day. I packed her with fresh snacks to eat before the race but also sent her cookie with her for after the race. She said it tasted divine to bite into later that night. These cookies are divine. For whatever trouble it may be to make them, they are so so worth it.
I liked to see the kids putting together their class Valentines the night before -so excited to give. Grayson had decided he didn't want to bring Valentines to his class, cause that is the funny kind of a guy he is. Then as he watched Ava and Graham he made a realization, "I think I better bring something since people will bring stuff for me." I had a box of red wrapped Andes mints on hand. Ava helped him cut out a red heart and tape one to each with his name.I was asked to help with Ava's class party. I sent the assigned drinks with her that morning in case I couldn't make it. I never know how long the cookies will take me. I finished around the time her party was starting. By the time I got to the parking lot of the Intermediate school I saw that Callie was already asleep. Then I remembered about Mallerie's track meet and realized I should to be home to see her off. I sat there a moment before putting the car in reverse and heading home. Sometimes you can't do it all but when I look at these pictures of the table and those cookies I realize, I did enough.
***You may notice our new round diningroom table. Well it's not "new," we got it at a consignment shop in Provo. Matt and I were on a date waiting for our table to be ready at Happy Sumo. While we waited we browsed the shops and Matt spotted this round table. The gal working there came over and asked, "Are you out table shopping?" I said, "Sort of, we are going to dinner...you know, table for two."
