Older and Wiser

One of us became older and the other became wiser...which is which do you suppose...
Matt teases me when I wear my visor because I wear it so low.
But look how shaded my face is! I am not going for older,
I'd much rather go for wiser.

First up, I turned 37 on May 18th
Matt couldn't have been any sweeter.
He surprised me with a Backer's cake. DE-LISH


I had to joke that my gifts were mailed from coast to coast:
New York, California, and NEVADA. It made it fun
.


Cute work gloves from New York.
A watch necklace from Elko, NV

My birthday was on a Saturday so I could spend it all the mall with the fam. I was on my way to meet up with Matt and the kids in the food court and ran into a shoe sale from heaven. We had to run into Sam's Club afterwards and Matt let me sit in a garden gazebo and check my messages and relax. It doesn't take much to make this girl happy.

Matt then dropped me and Ava off at the Beehive Bazaar with my sisters to shop. Later we met up with my mom at Red Lobster. As we were seated someone mentioned that we were there celebrating my birthday. Later I looked over and saw our waitress take out a live lobster from the tank. I pointed to show the kids, "Look, she's taking a lobster out." She then brought it over to our table and put it by my face while they sang "Happy Birthday."  She offered to let me kiss it by saying that I would have seven years good luck. I feel my life is lucky enough and didn't want to press it. What ever happened to just bringing out a brownie sundae?
When the check came Matt noted that 15% gratuity had already been added, which was too bad since we usually leave 20%. We would have upped it but I remembered, "Well I was neglected when all the waters were filled, and there was that one point when the waitress was trying to make me kiss a lobster..." wink wink.

Can you see the wiggly creature right next to my head?
At first Lindsey indicated she didn't want to horn in on our family dinner but it was having my sisters there that made it a birthday dinner for me. Now that lobster by my head....that was horning.
Next up Matt turned 42 on May 20th:

Matt's birthday was on a manic Monday so he had to work. After he got home we scurried over to the High School to watch Mallerie in A Mid Summer's Nights Dream. 
I wasn't aware it was a comedy...oh wait, Mallerie turns everything into a comedy ;)

For dinner Matt chose Tony's Taco's. The little kids were restless, I guess from sitting during the play. They were loud and kept moving seats. This was making Matt feel awkward. I finally assured him, "It's Tony's Taco's, not a fancy restaurant." Since we are always a bit caked out by the time Grayson and my birthday's end I made him his favorite, Peanut Butter Cup Pie. 
Matt is notorious for being able to guess what is inside his wrapped gifts. I knew he would be stumped this year though:
First he opened corn meal then he opened a tortilla press. I was glad he had chosen to eat at Tony's. It went with the theme.
It was a party man.