Gray Gray Double Digits May 9, 2013

It was okay that Grayson's birthday fell on a school day because they had a fun field trip that day to Red Butte Garden's. I took the babies during the day down to the Riverwoods to visit the Beehive Bazaar. I ran into some trouble when I got back in the car, I couldn't find my keys! I searched and searched and went back inside to look. It ended up taking Graham's prayer and faith for us to find them wedged in the seat moments later. This put me late heading up the canyon and I knew Grayson would be home already. When he got home and found the doors locked he panicked he suddenly felt soooo thirsty and hungry and bored! He was in such a panic he couldn't remember the hose was right there and that he had left over lunch in his back pack. He also forgot that usually when he gets home from school he immediately starts playing basketball for an hour. Instead he went to the neighbors to ring the bell and tell his sad tales too. In all his furry he also forgot the spare key hidden outside. Instead he bent the screen trying to get into the house. 
He sure had a busy and eventful TWENTY minutes till I got home.
I think my trip was still worth it because I found this terrarium that I have enjoyed as a centerpiece.

Little Callie stated a few days before Grayson's birthday that she wanted to get him a soccer ball. I thought this was a fine idea, just fine. We went to King's to pick one out. She was so excited about it and was able to keep the surprise a secret. However, on Grayson's birthday she could hold the secret no longer and whispered to Grayson what was wrapped in the odd shaped package. During breakfast he confessed that she had told him it was a ball, She loudly corrected, "No, it's a SOCCER ball."
Grayson's dream dinner was to go to Taco Bell and get Doritos Locos Tacos. That kid is loco for tacos and can eat the better part of a 12 pack. Matt noticed a "Now Hiring" sign. Since Katrina is looking for a "real" job he told her about it and she called to set up an interview. As she was leaving I said, "I hope you get the job!" She said, "I hope I don't!"
 In a repeat of last year, Grayson wanted to go to Holiday Lanes. This is fine with me since it's easier than a friend party would be and we are guaranteed a good time. I love when Matt puts Guns n' Roses on the Juke box. I love eating hard ice cream on the leather stools. I love people watching the most unique characters I've ever seen. Our local bowling alley is old and horribly old fashioned and I hope they never change a thing. 

Chocolate on Chocolate, that is how Grayson rolls on his birthday.


Back at home we were finally all together since the girls were done being busy for the day. We were all finally done being busy for the day. It had been a doozy. Ava had a Dr. apt and I had a scout meeting. We felt badly we didn't get to see Mallerie perform her social dance at the HS. Oh well she had specifically said, "Please don't come." Sounds like an UNvitation to me.

We sang happy birthday before Grayson blew out his ten candles but we weren't the only ones who sang to him that day. My parents had a cheery message on the answering machine as well. As I played the message I called Grayson in to listen. He said, "I already heard it, they were singing to me when I was locked out of the house." Poor thing, and here it was his birthday...

These times are sacred to me; at home with my family while we all live under one roof.
We enjoyed watching Grayson open a few more gifts at the end of the day.
Love you Gray Gray. You will do great things. You have a determination that I have never seen in anyone.You are sure in who you are, what you like, what you don't like, and who you want to be. You WILL do great things.