I took her to Kohl's before the trip to get a few things she needed. I had pictured more of a mother/daughter shopping trip but when she got in the car she had a few friends with her. At Kohl's she had them pushing her around in a wheelchair. I overheard her say, "I just wish I could run," loud enough so passing shoppers could hear her. She found some bright tee shirts and I also sent her with Eliza's neon yellow button up that I wore to Disneyland. She said Rachel's family LOVED it, they told the kids, "When you get off the ride stay by Mallerie so we can find you." She would have been a real asset if she could have packed that Kohl's wheelchair. They would have gone to the front of the line every time.
Cousin Willie texted Matt while she was gone and once he learned she was in his neck of the woods he went straight to Disneyland from work to hook up with her. He was very generous with the birthday cash.
I felt like I was getting off easy since Mallerie would be gone over her 15th birthday. I sent a birthday box for her to open on her birthday: snacks, glow sticks, sand toys, and a card from each member of the family. The only wrapping paper I had on hand was princess paper from Callie's birthday. Mallerie asked, "Did you wrap it in this paper cause I am going to DISNEYLAND?" "Uuuh, yeah."
She had an absolute blast on this trip where they also hit the beach and swam the day away in Vegas. We missed her but at the same time she was missing out on happenings at home...read all about it in the next post!
![]() |
| Dream Big Malmal. Dream Big. |
