These are the Special Times 12/1013

A Special Feast. Last year on the Sunday before Christmas we had Laurie and Hank's family here and we made a special feast. I suggested we do it again the Sunday before Christmas. Matt stepped right in and helped me as did the kiddos. It was such a special night. All my babes at one table in the warmth of the season. Sacred.

After dinner we continued our December Sunday ritual of heading to the basement to watch a Christmas Lifetime movie marathon. They were...interesting....

Peace. Joy. Love

Our Christmas Greeting that went out to our Family and Friends. We had this taken in October 2013 at Tate Barn in Midway, also a special time. 
Cozy Christmas 
What, I ask you, could I ask for more?

Christmas EVE
After a lovely Bethlehem feast and visiting with the Orem Bocanegra's and Cacique's we returned home to carry on our tradition; the sibling gift exchange. There is some lack of anticipation leading up to this as the little ones can NOT keep a secret. Graham told Grayson he would give him a hint as to what he got him, Gray said, "I don't want a hint." Graham said, "Well, it uses a ball." "Graham I don't want to know." Graham continued, "...it's golf."
Then there was Callie who drew Katrina's name. Callie wanted to give her the baby magic lotion that my mom gave her for her birthday in November. She said, "It starts with an L....and sounds like...LOTION."
Mallerie decorated a sweater for the High School Christmas Party that she helped throw. She then got use of it wearing it on the train as host. It's great, but still that stocking wasn't big enough to hide the candy cane she got for Ava.

Sub for Santa
Katrina spear headed the Sub for Santa at the High School. They raised the money, bought the gifts at Kings, and wrapped them. It'll be good practice for her one day...
The morning was, well, MAGIC.
Touches of Magic around the room (clockwise), a beta fish for Mallerie, Sunday clothes for all, tasty treats (why do I always let Hickory Farms talk me in to the fancy mustard? It tastes good with the sample but no one likes it), and a mystery gift with Grayson's name. He saw it and wondered aloud, "What did I break this year?" 
Everyone got pajamas but Ava got a COSTUME. She looked like Ralphie coming out in it. She had to change because it was so warm. We asked, "Ava, where is your costume?"
Surprises all around. Callie got Bitty twins. She asked what to name them, I suggested Joey for the Boy and she said, "Chloe!" for the girl. Joey and Chloe. She gets mixed up and says Cleo for the girl, so it's Joey and Cleo. Graham got his 3DS, and Gray unveiled his basket ball game, 
he did not leave it's side ALL day,
Callie put on a party for her twins with her new cupcake play dough set, and Ava did our nails with her gel nail set, LED light and all.
Mallerie's wish: A Ukalele and a Tandem bike. The Uke is her own, the bike is to share, it HAS to be shared or you can't ride it. Off she and Ava rode into the neighborhood. I love that she has taken up to wearing Matt's old plaid jacket. He wore this to work when we were both at Macy's. I painstakingly watched for that jacket to walk through the door every time I worked.
I should have turned the camera to show Katrina cozied on the couch with her Kindle and cozy blankie. The Kindle was something she's never even thought of owning, but for a book worm like her, it's never out of her sight. 

We cuddled and cozied at home all day, talked to the grandparents on the phone, ate, napped, watched movies, and just were.
And that's the way we were!
Callie with the Camera: Her mommy, her sparkly dress, her shoes, her brother and his lego set to show the cousins.