HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Back in October I was called to the Stake Young Women's Presidency as Secretary. My responsibility for the Quad Stake New Year's Eve Dance were drinks. How do you plan drinks when you have no idea how many kids are going to come or how thirsty they are going to be? They said be prepared for 700 kids. I think we had that many kids, but still we had soooo many two liters and gallons left over that the Youth have drinks for the next year! Matt came with me that night to help pour. He poured chocolate milk and root beer for three hours straight. The second counselor orchestrated a balloon drop that went off at midnight. I haven't been in years past but apparently this year the dance was a raging success. It was weird being away from my babies as we rang in the new year but they managed at home with Katrina and some of her friends. I insisted Mallerie come to the dance with Matt and I. She wasn't thrilled but she is always a good sport. She seemed to have plenty of friends and she danced away. It was fun for me as well. I really like this group of adults I work with in the stake and am excited for new adventures in 2014~
As far as setting goals here is my thinking: The last Sunday in December our High Council Rep taught Sunday School. He asked us the week before to think of a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that had meaning to us and to be ready to share. The one that stuck out to me was D&C 88:124 "...Cease to be idle..." In the church there aren't many of us who are idle or what might be considered lazy. Rather, we are busy, maybe even too busy. Does this mean we are not idle? I thought of a car when it is in idle. It is on but it is not moving forward. I concluded that if you are being idle, you are not moving forward, or not progressing. You can be busy but not really accomplishing anything, your wheels are just spinning. So to me ceasing to be idle is making sure I am always progressing. I can do this in all areas of my life, spiritual, physical, etc. So here is to a year of moving forward!

