I was teaching Meet the Masters in Graham's first grade class the Friday before his birthday so I got to see him proudly wear his crown and pass out his birthday rice krispie treats.
Graham is into anything Lego right now so he was overjoyed to receive a Lego DS game on his big day.
What would I do without my right arm party planner Ava? She got the balloons blown up before the party and helped the kids set the table.
Graham had a few friends over to ring in BIG SEVEN. Matt brought home this balloon to celebrate.
I saw many variations of Lego cakes online but all seemed like they would take too much effort. I saw these Lego head cupcakes and decided on that!
After the party Graham wanted to ride Front Runner up to SL and see the Lego movie at the Gateway. We had a nice dinner at Applebee's first. They sang to him and he loved it. I was certain Matt was snapping pictures of the whole adventure and he was sure I was. Therefore, we don't have a one.
The next day was Sunday March 2nd, the actual birthday. Graham wanted Kei, Ademir, and Gio to come celebrate just as they had done on Callie's birthday.
I substituted Graham's primary class a few months ago. In sharing time the leader asked the kids to draw a way they could show service. Graham showed his picture, "I can help build ZION... (I thought, "Wow what a deep little thinker!") He went on "...'s BANK." They are building a new bank on the corner of Main and he is very interested in watching the progress. I have yet to see him lend a hand though.





