Soldier Hollow! I won the tubing tickets at the dual immersion raffle and as March ticked on, we could see that we needed to use them. Unfortunately, I had a horrible tooth ache. Our neighbor came over on Friday night to assist in a blessing. Matt found a Dr. in Orem that could see me on a Saturday. After poking and prodding and doing hot/cold treatments on my tooth he determined the root canal I have in that tooth would need to be re-done. He doesn't do root canals but could give me a prescription for the infection and pain in the mean time. I was in sooo much pain sitting in the waiting room while Matt settled the bill. I wanted to scream "HURRY AND GET ME TO THE PHARMACY!" The Dr. called in Lortab in for me...in Heber. It seemed like it would be a four hour drive till I could get it. I told Matt to stop at Macy's for a bag of peas for my jaw. Something to numb the pain. As he parked he asked, "Do you want me to leave the car on?" "I NEED THE PEAS." He scuttled off. All my bravery that I had been holding together in the Dr. office spilled out and I sobbed my eyes out. Ironically that is not the first time I have sobbed my eyes out in that Macy's parking lot ;) Both times Matt was the one who could make it better. Back at home once the meds kicked in I could finally relax. I was so sleepy from being up all night in pain. And I attended a camp kick-off breakfast for the YW that morning. Matt took the kids to Soldier Hollow to use the tickets while I slept the day away. I was so disappointed to not be joining them. Matt said that aside from the snow being too slushy to get a clean run in, it was a lovely day.
McDonalds has been torn down for rebuild. It'll re-open early summer. What are we supposed to do in the mean time? Ohhh, that is what food storage is for. I liked (literally) a comment on FB about it. Someone said, "Where will I get my big mac?" Another's reply was, "I am sure you could make you one out of the sawdust and cardboard." Tru dat!
Stop rolling your eyes. These things are BIG news in a small town. Actually, there really was BIG news. Jail birds were working at the HS when one escaped. The Intermediate school is in the same parking lot and was put on lockdown. Then the other schools were as they struggled to locate the guy. A lady said he had asked her for a ride down the canyon in the Walmart parking lot. They found him in the bathroom with what had all the appearances of a pipe bomb. No one can figure how he was able to construct it with wiring and everything in a matter of 20 minutes.
ST PATTY'S
Nothing spectacular happens on this day in our house but I did find this picture on my phone that Callie took of her leprechaun party. That night our ward had a party since another ward just meshed with ours. They asked people to bring either soup of a green dessert. I felt like I had drunk a bottle of green dye as we came home. Not a good feeling.
Scouting Days meets Young Women
When I was put into the Stake YW Presidency in October I wondered if I could do that calling as well as scouts. I probably could have it wasn't for also constantly being on a specialty committee: Ward Christmas Party, New Years Eve Dance, Stake Adult Social. I did it all for six months until it became too much. I felt torn each week as the boys would come and we would have this great time. I loved teaching the Plan of Salvation to one who had never heard it and telling the First Vision to another who was a non member. Once we had new families in our ward it was a natural transition since we were doubled up on Bear Leaders. Stake YW has been more time consuming than I could have ever imagined. We visit other wards constantly and meet with presidencies and have tons of stake activities for the youth. I adore the sisters I work with. It has been a breath of fresh air in my life to get to meet with them on a regular basis.
![]() |
| Clockwise: Hike at Wasatch State Park, Klondike Derby at Dock of the Bay, Art!, Tour of Heber Electric. Graham is chomping at the bit to be in scouts. Only one more year to go! |





