Love Shack Ba-a-b-e-ee. 2014

On our girl's trip Lindsey and Ashley introduced us to Swig sugar cookies. 
We fell fast and we fell hard. 

Lindsey sent us the knock off recipe and Graham overheard me saying that I was maybe going to use it for my Valentine Sugar Cookies this year. He was REEEEEAAAAAAL nervous about breaking tradition so I stuck with my usual Better Homes recipe and buttercream. It does not disappoint!

This was Callie's first year bringing treats for her class. She brought nine guitars for her teeny tiny class.
I couldn't sleep great the night before so I went and laid on the couch. Graham came out several times in the night to check if the Valentine's table was set up yet. It wasn't. Then I heard what sounded like a man talking in the girls room. Callie had put on a movie in the middle of the night. No more late naps for her! Then both Graham and Callie came out to check the table. Geesh it's not Christmas!
I left to the rec center with my new work out buddies at 5:30 am and was home by 6:30. I got busy on that table and was just turning on the electric candles when out came Graham. He was on his way to the trash to throw away his diaper which was bowling ball full. I thought to myself, "I bet if he used the bathroom each time he got up last night he'd be dry..." He examined everything on the table as though going through a mental check list, "Last year we each had a little toy, but that's okay." I said, "Every year is different! " He assured me, I like it!" That kid.
BUT he still could not wait to get home and see his sugar cookie. That's fine, you skitter off to your party while I make a quadruple batch on no sleep, yes, yes run along. The things you'll do for kiddos.

I did however stay in the parking lot at the school after I dropped him off because he was giving the announcements that day so Callie and I listened on the speaker. His little voice echoed out, "Tell someone that you care about them today and that you love them." Putty.

Matt came home with gorgeous roses and said he was taking me to lunch. There went my nap ;) I put on some red lips and pearls. It was nice to go to Kneaders in our small town and know nearly every single person there. I got laughing with my friend Jackie and was glad he talked me into going. We didn't chat with others the whole time, there was plenty of time for deep conversation and eye gazing as well.

I didn't have to make dinner either since we cashed in on Papa's Heartbreaker. I've never seen a pizza more advertised on TV. I fell for it.

And for dessert I came through with the Sugar Cookies....BIG TIME.

We got a movie to watch as a family but Matt and I couldn't peel our eyes away from the Sochi Olympics. Graham was also into the Olympics and made himself some ski's. One time through the snow and they fell off.

 After the mystery doorbell ditcher came a handful of times I laid on the bed and dozed off while the kids ran around on a sugar high. We didn't come down for a few days. I like what Sadie said, "I can live on sugar cookies and milk for 48 hours." True Dat!