We had Gio for a weekend! He loves to be outside so we went to the Scarecrow Festival at the Homestead. He was so enthralled with throwing pinecones into the air it was nearly impossible to get him to stop for a photo.
We had a dog for a day! This lab showed up one day and acted like it lived here. Jack kept the kids busy all afternoon. The grateful owner was located the next day.
Graham wanted to try using pumpkin carving kits this year. They turned out pretty cute!
The Stake Young Men's Presidency took charge of the Quad Stake Halloween Dance. All we had to do was show up and put out some cookies. I stole an idea from Sadie and Brent from a few years ago and Matt and and I went as Hawaiian travelers (I even had a sunglass line up close). You can get this look too! Covergirl Tawny.
Mallerie is a real gift.
The dressing up and parties weren't over yet though! We were mostly looking forward to Halloween day for the Geertsen's annual bash. Lindsey's house simply could not be more festive. It couldn't!
Can you tell which daughter is Sadie's and which is Mime?
These photos capture the chaos that ensues when all the cousins (and Jon) gather together on Halloween.
Eliza is in the background. Earlier she had a cooling rack around her neck with a bun attached, "Bun in the Oven" and there really IS a bun in the oven!
After getting some delicious soup in our ovens we were off for Tricks n' Treats, which was a RAT RACE. The entire time someone was lost, missing, MIA, however you put it. The funny thing is that half the time the parent of the missing child was completely unaware! As the group of kids ran away from a house after getting candy I realized my Spidey-Graham was not in the group. I wondered to Shafer, "Isn't he with Harrison, Max and Zeke?" Shafer then realized his boys were nowhere to be seen either. I had to laugh when he picked up his phone, "I better call Lindsey"....then he hung up..."I better not." I concurred that no momma wants to hear that their kid is lost unless the neighborhood has been turned upside down already. As it turns out WE were the ones who were lost. The boys had purposely run off on their own and were quite enjoying themselves.
The weather held up so nicely! It was wonderful to be with family and enjoy the night. The Geertsen's have a great neighborhood for trick-or-treating. One house served nacho's, another had fresh donuts. We even saw THRILLER performed in the culdesac.
Kat appeared later dressed appropriately as a cat. She even picked up a stray along the way;)
She hadn't been the only one with the idea during the month:
Get ready for a cat-fight! "Rearrrrrrrrrr!"









