The next day, May 1st, was a full one as well. We started off by attending Jamie's speech at Graduation at 8 am. We miraculously walked in right as Kei and Ademir did and we were able to sit together. Jamie gave an inspiring speech and I sat there like a proud sis-in-law snapping photos. After she walked across the stage we realized that it was time for Mallerie to run at Provo High. We busted a move outta there and got to the track just in time to catch Mallerie's race!
From the race we went to went to Sam's Club to pick up food for Graham's baptism luncheon the next day. Then we went and said hello and congratulations at Mark and Jamie's. Afterwards, it was time to pick up Katrina so she and I could go to the Distribution Center and pick out her temple clothes. I was glad that we had plenty of time for this so we didn't feel rushed. The ladies were so sweet and helpful and took extra time since it would be her first time going through the temple.
We stopped at Zupa's in South Jordan for a bite before Matt dropped Katrina and I off at the Oquirrh Temple in South Jordan. She really loved this temple when we walked through the for the Open House and chose to come back to receive her Endowment.
![]() |
| Oquirrh Mountain Temple May 1, 2015 |
It was so wonderful to be there with her. Obviously the feelings are too personal and sacred to record here but sufficeth to say it was peaceful, spiritual, and memorable. Katrina looked absolutely beautiful that night. Several temple workers commented on that.
What made the evening so special was that my family was able to join us as well!
![]() |
| L to R: Cade, Ashley, Daddy, Mommy, Lindsey, Lindsey, Shafer, Romney, Katrina, Abby, Matt, and Sadie. |
Romney had gone through the Timponogos Temple only a couple of weeks before so it was very special to have here there. Katrina didn't know she was coming till we were almost to the temple and was so thrilled to learn she'd be there, "Romen is coming!?"
It made the evening feel magical.
And then the fairy tale hit a wall.... no not really but we seriously waited like an hour at Blue Fish for our table. I wouldn't have minded because I could hang out with my family forever, but we had a full day ahead of us AGAIN the next day that I knew I needed my rest for. We got home pretty late...beyond pooped.
Graham's Baptism May 2, 2015
Thankfully Graham's Baptism wasn't until 11:45 am the next day. Still, I was rushing that morning to get the programs together, and the van loaded with picnic supplies to take to the park afterwards. I breathed deeply as I walked into the Stake Center trying to calm myself so I could enjoy the day.
Graham got to have his own baptism, which is always so special.
The good thing about us being a family of eight is that there were enough of us to fill in all the blanks on the program:
Baptism of Graham Taylor Bocanegra
May 2, 2015
Heber North Stake, Heber City Utah
Presiding: Bishop Mike Eriksson
Conducting: Member of the Bishopric
Pianist: Lindsey Taylor
Chorister: Sadie Goulding
Opening Song: Baptism
Opening Prayer: Grayson Bocanegra
Talk on Baptism: Ava Bocanegra
Baptism performed by Matt Bocanegra
Witnesses: Ray Taylor, Ademir Cacique
Spotlight on Graham: Abby Bocanegra
Musical Number: Gethsemane Callie Bocanegra
Talk on the Holy Ghost: Katrina Bocanegra
Confirmation performed by Matt Bocanegra
Testimony: Graham Bocanegra
Remarks: Member of the Bishopric
Closing Song: I Like My Birthday’s
Closing Prayer: Mallerie Bocanegra
I loved hearing from Ava and Katrina and their thought out remarks that were just for Graham. Matt gave such a nice blessing to Graham. And listening to little Callie singing a solo really warmed my heart! She was always singing Gethsemane around the house. I said casually, "You should sing that for Graham's Baptism." I thought for sure she would say no but instead she said, "Okay!" She sort of forgot the words once she was up there but Graham was on the front row singing right along with her. It was so tender!
During the spotlight portion I loved watching Graham as he blushed when I showed his baby picture. I then told a story about him being honest. When he went to pack meting he didn't enter the on time drawing because we were a couple of minutes late. Even though pack meeting hadn't started yet, he wanted to be completely honest. A boy who came after us ended up winning the drawing but Graham was happy with his decision to not enter the on-time drawing.
Graham is the last of the cousin five-pack to be baptized. L to R: Charlie, Paisley, Graham, Samantha, and Rachel. He was definitely feeling the love from all that day.
When I saw this picture on my phone I wondered, "What is everyone looking at?"
Then I remembered this:
As we posed for our family picture outside I noted, "Katrina, you won't be here for Callie's baptism next year." She set my mind at ease, "She wasn't here for mine."
Our extended family has grown so much that we wondered how we were going to fit everyone at the house to host Graham's baptism luncheon. Matt suggested we rent the pavilion at Wasatch State Park. I said I wanted to think about it because I enjoy hosting things at my house. Then back in April we were at Sadie's in-laws for an easter picnic and all the kids came in at once to get their food. You could hardly move in the kitchen, I mouthed to Matt, "Go ahead and reserve that pavilion."
I was so glad he did! I didn't do have to do any prep work and since I didn't make any of the food either, it was easy! Katrina and Giuseppe picked up the sandwiches and brownies from Days, and everyone contributed a salad. Matt took over the grill and made enough chicken for us to piece on till evening! I was able to visit and enjoy the day. Luckily the weather was delightful!
I loved watching the cousins interact and play.
The creek was already dried up by the first of May, not a good sign.
Jesus came to John the Baptist,
In Judea long ago,
And was baptized by immersion
In the river Jordan’s flow.
“To fulfill the law,” said Jesus,
When the Baptist questioned why,
“And to enter with my Father
In the Kingdom up on high.”
Now we know that we must also
Witness faith in Jesus’ word,
Be baptized to show obedience,
As was Jesus Christ, our Lord.
I Like My Birthdays
I like my birthdays, every one;
Each brings a greater joy to me.
But I can’t wait until I’m eight,
For then I’ll be baptized you see.
To be baptized as Jesus was
By one who holds the priesthood true
And thus obey God’s holy laws
Is just the thing I want to do.
When hands are laid upon my head,
Then I’ll receive the Holy Ghost.
And, if I listen carefully,
I’ll have the blessings I need most.









