Track Attack and Priorities. April 30th 2015

We don't consider ourselves out of control busy people, and have set up our lives that way on purpose. However, April 30th was one of those days where the square on the calendar wasn't big enough to fit in all the places we needed to be. The problem was that we needed to be at all those places at the same time.

4 pm Little Buzzer's Track Meet
6:30 UVU Commencement
6:30 pm Relief Society Enrichment
6:30 pm Apple Party JR Smith Elementary
7 pm Stake Young Women Zumba

I had no intentions of staying at the Little Buzzer's track meet that Mallerie signed Graham and Callie up for. She would be there with them, and I would already need to be on the road to get to UVU's Commencement ceremony for Jamie and Katrina. I was disappointed in having to miss the Relief Society nutrition class and knew the kids would be disappointed in missing the Apple (Active Parents Participating In Learning Experiences) Party at the school that night, but I couldn't be in two places at once, and Ava would have to get her own ride to Zumba.

However, Mallerie had not pre-registered the kids like I thought she had for the track meet so I had to park and walk them in to register them. I was lamenting about this and somehow my phone recorded it....and sent it to Mallerie! Grayson got a kick out of this. It was a good lesson to never complain about somebody because with today's technology it might bite ya good! As I stood in line registering the kids I was texting Matt about UVU's commencement. He was so looking forward to going and hearing Mitt Romney speak. I was excited to see Katrina in her cap and gown, earning her Associates after only one year in college. Jamie was also going to be there as VALEDICTORIAN of the Education Department. Katrina texted me back though that she had not wanted to spend the money to rent a cap and gown and hadn't even gotten work off! I suddenly wondered if I needed to be at my daughters graduation that my own daughter would not be at! I could also see from the crowds at the track meet, and Mallerie's other responsibilities, she would not be able to keep an eye on Graham and Callie. I texted Matt back that the thought of driving down to Orem was too overwhelming and he should go without me.
Above: Callie in the far lane blue shorts, pink shirt. Below Graham is in the second to last lane on the left #2. I enjoyed watching them run!

As we walked down the field to wait for the next event they had registered for Callie complained that her shoulder hurt. I didn't' know what she meant by this until I looked at her shirt and saw a burned whole and singe mark on her back. The ash from the start gun had burned a whole in her shirt!!!! She was crying and in pain so we left to go put aloe on it. Seriously, the ash from the start gun had burned a whole in her shirt!!!! 

She was feeling better after the aloe and both she and Graham wanted to go to the Apple Party. I was torn between that and the RS class, but one look at their faces and it was easy to decide. They loved looking in all the emergency vehicles at the school and talking to real Police Officers and Firefighters.


And since the elementary school is right next to the church Ava was able to walk over and participate in Zumba with the Young Women. The spirit testified to me that I was exactly where I needed to be that night. I ended up doing the things on the list that I deemed least important, when really they were the MOST important.

Matt kept texting me pictures and video of Mitt's speech.  I liked this part, "The American dream no longer owning your own home, but getting your kids out of the home you own." Aint that the truth. He also texted me and Katrina the program: