Christmas Traditions Live On. December 2015

Mallerie went BACK to Disneyland one month later! That girl... This time it was with the Cross Country team. They ran Mt Sac just like in the movie McFarland USA. You can bet the team plays that movie on a loop.

Heber Valley Railroad. Ava was a regular this past Christmas season. She has a good reference in Mal who is now an MC on the first class coach.

Katrina would be proud that her red lip advice wasn't taken lightly.
The real bonus is getting to ride for free every year. The little's do not tire of this tradition.

Interfaith Christmas show at the Capitol Theatre. I haven't been inside since the remodel and it is breathtaking. We enjoyed the show so much! Naturally 7 is worth looking up on Youtube. They had a rendition of "Fix You" that left me with chills. We ate at Cheesecake Factory afterwards and were visiting away when we realized it was 11 pm! We still had a chilly walk back to the car ahead of us. I am in love with Kelly Clarkson's holiday album and it got us home.
 Christmas desserts!
Christmas lights!
We were driving home after the Taylor Christmas party in Murray and I told Matt to pull over before getting on I-215. These lights slowly changed color and were so pretty!


 Playing in the snow!
Gingerbread houses!


Children's Choir. Graham opted out this year, which made me sad. As if Christmas-mom-brain isn't bad enough I also had WEDDING-CHRISTMAS-mom-brain, which had me dropping off Callie AFTER practice one day and driving away. Another mom brought her home so Callie wasn't there when I went back to the house to pick her up and there was quite a bit of confusion. It made me feel better about the times I forgot to drop her off at practice all together, those were the lucky times.

 I didn't have to hear Callie sing about angels to know she is one!

University Mall!
Sometimes I think there is something Graham will be thrilled about only to find out the moment has passed and he has outgrown it. I had to bribe him to be in this Santa photo with Callie. I love it. I framed it and displayed it on my dining room table the rest of the month. We had a such a fun time at the mall that night taking in the decor and feel of Christmas. 
 

We had a Ava and a friend along as well. They said they ran into Katrina and Giuseppe! I asked why they didn't' hook up with us. Katrina said later that they were on Santa's errands and it wouldn't have worked out. I get it;)

 
The shiny white tiles they are putting in are so pretty. I went down the canyon one day by myself and was able to put a dent in my own shopping list as well. The bags made my arms hurt. I had to take a trip to the car before I could continue.
 I love using Matt's dresser throughout the month to keep wrapping supplies and little gifts for teachers and friends. I bet Matt loves it too. 

 Christmas Movies!
Would you believe we saw "White Christmas" for the first time this year? I somehow missed out on this classic and enjoyed watching it with the family. I have a list of Christmas movies that really have nothing to do with Christmas, but I watch them while I wrap gifts so they feel like Christmas movies to me: Bewitched, Napoleon Dynamite...

Christmas Cards!
I killed two birds with one stone wherever I could with Christmas and the wedding. Instead of our annual Christmas card we sent out wedding announcements!
...and the rest of our traditions were quickly replaced with wedding planning.... up next!