The Lemonade War
Callie played with my hair and then showed it to me in pictures. This was a lazy afternoon while I read The Lemonade War to her. Ironically, the only thing she didn't do this summer was have a lemonade stand.
Mallerie was eager to go back to the temple.
Sister Esplin, a former member of the General Primary Presidency was the temple worker who took time to speak with us when Mallerie went through the temple for the first time. It was just the three of us, and a very sweet memory.
Mallerie's friend Rylee and her mom Becky invited Mallerie to go with them to the Provo Temple. I said, "Maybe I should come too!" Mallerie said, "Yes you should!" The four of us had a great time. The Hyde's are so easy to be with. We enjoyed sharing appetizers afterwards at Outback, it's like our thing now.
Temple Trips
The next week, Mallerie wanted to go to the Provo City Center Temple. However, as soon as we tried to drive into the parking garage we learned it was closed for a two-week cleaning. I suggested we drive to Payson. Mallerie was up for it. As soon as we parked the car we realized we were both hungry so I pulled out tuna sandwiches from the cooler. Always good to be prepared ;) As we ate lunch I started to get blind spots. I knew this meant a migraine was coming and I needed to get some caffeine. Mallerie was more than accommodating, "Go get one mom." We drove to the nearest C-Store and I went in for a soda and Aleve. After I opened the packet I realized it only came with one tablet. I didn't want to go back in and buy more so Mallerie went in for me. She was patient with me as I rested off the headache before going into the temple. It was just a little thing for her but I really appreciated it so much. Because we had already been gone so long at this point, we did initiatories. (We tried to get a trip to the Salt Lake Temple in as well before she left but it was also closed for cleaning.)
Grayson was at Scout Camp in Maple Dell. He had called Matt earlier in the week because he was having a really rough time. He did't expect to come home, he just wanted to hear a familiar voice. This was not his first week but the other Scout Camp that he went to was in Brian Head, which was evacuated because of the fire there. Mallerie looked up where Gray's camp was from where we were and saw it was only 15-min away. We decided together that a visit might be just the thing he needed. I suggested, "We could bring him a tuna sandwich." Mallerie assured me this is not what he would want so so we picked up some donut holes and a Slurpee instead.
Scera
Matt and I took Graham and Callie to Scera for the outdoor production of Hairspray. As we waited for it to start we ate Dicky's BBQ. Little did we know it was the last time we would because later this year it went belly-up. The woman who played Motormouth was so amazing! It was a real treat to hear all of the talent. I realize that Heber is not that far from Orem, but it still felt like we were in such a different world. Good old Happy Valley;)
I took the kids back again for the discount Tuesday showing of Cars 3. I sent a text to my sisters to let them know where we would be and when. As we were ready to enter the theatre Lindsey walked in with Eli and Zeke. Graham was overjoyed at this coincidence!
I thought we could play at the park afterwards but, I kid you not, it felt like death valley outside. Instead, we went over to the BYU Store to fulfill Graham's dream. At the WILC we bought bouncy balls and bounced them around in the ballroom, down the halls, and around campus. When you have a ball, you have the world's greatest toy of all. My lanta it was hot that day. I got to visit with Linds when I dropped the kids back home.
Sadie posted a cute pic of a wreathe she made using all dollar-store flowers. I wanted to give it a try and lickety-split sent my own photo back of my dollar-store flower wreathe. I displayed it in the fair so I practically got all of my money back. This was one cheeeap wreathe.
Ahhh Summer
Ava worked quite few hours at The Spot this summer. Ava and Alivia worked a whole day with Mallerie last summer. This year when Ava went to the training, the manager couldn't believe how quick Ava was to learn and how she seemed to know where everything was. Hehe.
I took the Young Women to The Spot for an object lesson. We drew papers; a third of them represented the hosts of heaven who chose to follow Satan. I told them that at The Spot their flavor would be chosen for them. First Ava made the 2/3 of the snow cones where the girls got to choose their flavor. She would call out the flavor as she held it out the window. Then she would call out, "Satan." The mystery flavors she put together were actually quite good. I got a cucumber/honeydew combo. We chuckled wondering what the people in line were thinking and if they were curious to try the Satan. I told Ava she should put it as a regular flavor on the menu. When people as what flavor it is she could tell them, "You don't get to choose."
Summertime also consisted of impromptu bike rides. Left to Right: Mallerie, Grayson, Graham, Matt, and Callie. We rode to the farmer's Market, the park, and around the neighborhood.
Callie has been asking me to take her to The Spot. I said, "Why waste your money, just make a snow cone at home." She answered, "Because! I want to get the Satan!"
Callie has been asking me to take her to The Spot. I said, "Why waste your money, just make a snow cone at home." She answered, "Because! I want to get the Satan!"
Minor's Retreat June 26th-29th 2017
It was a miracle that after putting in the dates that didn't work for various family members, and the dates that the camp was available, we were able to secure dates at our now annual spot in Midway. We ended our week at Lagoon. Ava's video is too large to load but trust me it is greeeeeat!
It's what fun is.






















