Christmas 2018

Christmas Eve

We started off our morning at the Wasatch Aquatics Center. I went to a deep water aerobics class while the babies swam. From there I dropped off Callie at a cookie decorating party with her Primary class...already a lot accomplished and it wasn't even 10 am.

I got a text from the family where Mallerie would be spending Christmas Eve wanting to know if we had any family traditions they could incorporate. I thought that was very thoughtful. However, I don't know that our traditions are very unique. The kids open gifts from each other, they open up new jammies, we put out cookies for the big man...nothing out of the ordinary really. There is one menu item that is probably unique and that is my baked brie that we serve at our Bethlehem dinner. I texted the recipe and then wondered aloud to Ava, "Does Mallerie even like the baked brie?" "Who knows!"
Once I had our own brie cooling on the counter and while Matt was taking Grayson to work, I left to Utah County with the other three. We stopped at Provo Towne Center. 

Graham was super interested in riding the motorized animals. I didn't know this was a desire of his and so we rented one to take turns on. Ava even hopped on at the end.

The kids re-created an Elf moment on the escalator.

-->
With the long Christmas break ahead of us we drove across the street to Sam's Club to stock up on food. There are certain foods that we have to have for it to feel like Christmas to Ava. Sam's had the Lasagna for Christmas dinner, but didn't have all Ava’s favorites so we went to Smith's afterwards. Ava's must-haves are: Green onion cheese ball, coconut cream pie and seven-layer dip.


We peeked in at the lights at Riverwoods on our way to Mark and Jamie's where we met up with Matt and Grayson and the rest of the family, like Grandma and Grandpa and Kei and Ademir's family. Those kids! They are just so darling. Dinner was running late and long and Graham was antsy to get back home for our own traditions. He came to me and asked when we were leaving. Since we had two cars I waited till my turn in the game was over and then Graham and I headed up the canyon. I thought it was cute as he thought out loud, "We just like to be home." Oh boy, my homebody personality seems to be rubbing off. But I wasn't kidding when I said it was hard to get us to go anywhere during the holiday, so content at home were we.

Earlier in the month K and G stopped by on a Tuesday with thoughtful gifts for each of us! I was so happy they did and told her, "Nothing could please me more." Callie played her violin and we sent our gifts with them as they left (which consisted of all things France;)
They spent Christmas in California with G's family. We also had another holiday to face without the Malmal. It is tough for this momma's heart to not have my girls I am not going to lie. Once we were all back at home the kids exchanged their gifts from each other.

I ran up the hall for sec and while I was gone I heard Graham cry out in pain and everyone asked what he had stepped on. "Oh no, not again," I thought (three years ago G stepped on a NAIL on Christmas Eve). It was so weird though, right when Graham said, "OUCH!" Like the exact moment, my own foot started hurting! I hobbled into the living room to discover that Graham had stepped on a goat-head. I examined my own foot but found nothing there. There was however, a red spot where it was hurting; such a weird coincidence. We did enjoy looking at the goat-head through the mini microscope that Katrina gave Graham.
Downstairs we opened pajamas and...new Christmas bells! This activity could have gone on and on;
everyone loved it. 


Poe was happy to have her spot under the tree back....it didn't last for long though!



Christmas Morning

Grayson said, "I didn't know you could get food for Christmas!" Ava was tickled pink with a new camera lens. Callie and Graham got to do the honors of unveiling a new 58" TV!

Another Christmas morning over and gone. It's always hard to believe.
Grandma and Grandpa stopped by after lunch. Grandpa's mind was absolutely blown at our new Echo. We asked what he wanted to hear from it and he requested the Mormon Tabernacle choir (oops, The Tabernacle at Temple Square). He was sure there wouldn't be any LDS Hymns (oops, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint Hymns). As soon as the music started he began to weep and waved for us turn to it off. It was simply too much to take in that he could just say a song out loud and have it begin to play. Grandpa wasn't hungry so I packed a little lunch for him to take on the road. It was in a brown bag and everything.



Later that afternoon we got to Skype with Mallerie! So fun. She had just gotten off the phone with Kat (who got to go to the beach:0 I have been pretty good not asking Mallerie about her plans for when she is home, but this time I asked away! She told us that she would be one of six missionaries flying home to SL International. I said, "We better have a big sign." She said, "Yeah, I don't want to be scanning the crowd!" Then later when I said, "I am worried we will be boring for you." She sad, "Well you better step it up!"

We are doing what we can to get our energy up.

Giddy-up~