Happy Old Year 2018


And all that Jazz...

The boys opened up Jazz tickets on Christmas Day and enjoyed attending a game during the break. Top row~

Here comes 2019 Come, Follow Me

During Christmas break I never know which day of the week it is. We ate and played games and stayed up too late as usual. Matt and I snuck in a temple trip. Since the Provo Temple is still closed we went to the Timpanogos Temple. We got to visit with my dad for a bit. I always think it a tender mercy when we run into him out of the many workers. We also started our Come Follow Me as a family. I think it’s going to be really great each Sunday to gather after dinner and have a lesson. Or as Mal puts it, "Study that bible!" 

Kamut Scootin' Boogie

 I have been following the Food Nannies on Facebook. They now sell Kamut flour so on New Years Eve Day Matt and I drove to Woodland and picked up a bag from the Food Nanny herself at her delightful home. When she opened the door she greeted us with as much enthusiasm as I will greet Mallerie at the airport with the biggest hug and smile ever, like we were long lost friends. She chatted with us and let us peek at her newly remodeled kitchen. After she bid us goodbye with, "Love you!" We got in the car and Matt said, "Oh my wooord!" That woman has some energy and love! If we were all like that the world would be a better place. I on the other hand, would go to bed every night absolutely exhausted. I came home and imitated our interaction with the Food Nanny to Ava and she busted up. We are not making fun, it was awesome, but WHOA

A Party?????


Grayson surprised us by organizing a New Years Eve get-together with the four-pack, which consists of: Kate, Landrie, Adren and Grayson. Landrie even come out from Elko. It surprised us that Grayson did this because the kid has never even wanted a birthday party of any kind. I asked him, "So what are you going to do till the dance?" He said, "Well I have to work from 3-8pm." WHAT?! Ha ha. 

Grayson's New Year's Eve party was very successful. He got off work early so he was home soon after Jon dropped off the cousins: Adren, Kate and Landrie. I was busy making scalloped potatoes and Matt had chicken on the grill, only to find out Lindsey had just fed them a big Thanksgiving type meal. After some of us ate dinner we went into the living room for our English Cracker tradition. I learned how to make them myself and so they each had a DOLLAR inside this time;)



S'more Fun

We got to try out our new S'more maker that night and Ava said, "Mal is going to loooove this!" The next day we made S'mores between two chocolate chip cookies. Callie said, "Hey these look like BLTs!" Huh? OH! She meant that they look like OCPs (Mal's other favorite: Oatmeal Cream Pies!)



After S'mores Ava drove them all to the dance. Having the cousins with him was the only way Grayson was willing to attend. Kei texted me a video of him doing the Cupid Shuffle. I said, "I had to see it to believe it!" Matt and I stopped by to say hello to Kei and Ademir, who did a great job DJ'ing. 




We came back home to ring in the New Year with the babes. It was toooooo cold to go outside for a ruckus at midnight so we enjoyed celebrating inside. 

On New Years Day Matt was still on Christmas vacation so we did NOTHING. We had an early dinner that night so after watching a movie I said, "I am getting hungry again." Matt asked what I was in the mood for and I said, "Actually, I feel like a Filet o fish." We NEVER go to McDonalds, so it felt weird going through the drive-through. I was glad for tinted windows;) Matt got a Big Mac and we ate in the car at my spot by the City Park. Later that night neither of us felt very good. We said, "That is a good reminder why we do not eat at McDonalds on a regular basis. Our eating habits for next year can only go up from here!

I did try to keep up with some sort of regular exercise during the break and enjoyed walks up to Red Ledges. The air was crisp and cold and the valley looked glorious.

I love the fresh start of a new year. I Absolutely love it.