Last Saturday morning, I asked Callie if she'd like to make banana blueberry muffins while I worked on my Gospel Doctrine lesson. She was excited to use up the VERY ripe bananas, which had been sitting on the counter. As the muffins baked, I clicked away on the keyboard. When I smelled burning, I hopped up to find quite the scene inside the oven.
These are not muffins, I thought to myself.Callie is not sure WHAT happened (perhaps the butter was too melted?) since she is confident that she followed the recipe exactly.
Surprisingly, they did not taste bad! They aren't burned—it's just the blueberries giving the offensive color. They tasted like warm banana pudding. We scraped the contents into a bowl. Then the bowl fell into the sink of water.
Soon after, I accidentally added two scoops of wheat flour instead of protein powder to my green smoothie.
We called it quits and drove to Dottie's for breakfast.
We had quite the chuckle about those "muffins." Just picture if that was the photo in the cookbook!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I texted the photo to the FoodNanny herself to let her know that the Kamut flour still made them taste good!
Her response was one of shock, as you can imagine.
I did notice, however, that the very next week, she showed a video tutorial on what?
BANANA BLUEBERRY MUFFINS.
Naturally, I had to give them a try again today.
As I made them with Callie this time, she realized that she hadn't added the flour. So I take back what I said about the Kamut!
(Nor did Callie have the Dixie Chicks accompanying her as she baked;)
This experience turned into a metaphor for life.
Life is like the Muffin Man who either lives on Dreary Lane or Drury Lane.


