Cash Parties and More! Oct-Nov 2021


First up was tender-tot Callister Cade's baptism in October. Graham had a competition in Logan, so he did not join us, Callie was already there because she had attended the BYU Spectacular as the Goulding's guest the evening before, Matt needed to drive his own car because he was joining Darren for a BYU home game afterward, so that left me driving my lonesome that morning! It was easy to get just me out the door. However, I had a carload of things for different people: hand-me-downs for the Taylor girls, hand-me-downs for the Taylor boys, Hot Wheels and Legos for the Whitmore boys, a b-day gift for LT, a lei for Cal, and a breakfast casserole!

Ashley pointed out that since the baptism was the first thing on a Saturday morning, it really showed all of our love for Cal. It was the sweetest baptism ever! Solly said the opening prayer. He was thrilled to be doing so. I sat next to him during Cade's sweet Confirmation for Cal. Solly kept covering Ollie's mouth (though Ollie wasn't saying anything). I said softly, "Solly, let's listen to your Dad's special prayer." With a calm smile, he said, "It's not special, and if you keep talking then I will cover your mouth too." That little tyke!

Cal chose exactly what he wanted on the program, which included a very sweet, well-rehearsed talk by cousin Sam. The closing song unfortunately was cut short. However, since there is a piano at their house, Lindsey played, while Cal led us in an even better rendition. It was the most tender thing ever. I must have watched the video a dozen times. (Cal leading with his little straight arm and baptism lei!)

                                            


Next up! Thanksgiving! 
WOW. They went all out. Literally. They moved their living room furniture OUT. 
My favorite was watching Ollie come in carrying an Amazon box. He swung the door shut behind him with his foot, "Whoa, that's going to be a lot of people." Even the youngins' could tell that a special effort had been put forth.

The table was set up so lovely! 
It was hard for everyone to leave the candles alone…including myself.




Ashley's trivia game culminated in a leg wrestle. Actually, it culminated in an eating contest, but I don't like those!

  Alivia face-timed the group from Paraguay! We had a little face-timing to do ourselves.

 Gavin messaged me and Matt during dinner to ask, "Is there a time I could talk to you two?" I was immediately dizzy.
The fact that it was Gavin's birthday made it so that Mal didn't find it odd when she saw that we had spoken. I was hoarse the next day from all the talking I had done!

Desserts for Dayyyyyyzzzzzz.
I was glad to see the carrot cake out that we brought my mom for her birthday the night before. I was so disappointed that it wasn't good! Lindsey made a scrumptious chocolate cake that made up for it.
Granny turning 76! Nov 24, 2021

After a day at Ikea and a visit to Granny and Grandpa, we got busy on our Thanksgiving prep. Me on stuffing duty, Callie on apple pie duty, Matt on turkey duty, and Graham on Christmas light duty! 
Matt did his best to re-create Laurie's turkey from last year. The only problem there was that her oven broke in the middle of the night so she was up at 3 am cutting it up to fit in the cooker. He didn't want to re-create that step:)



SHOWer Time!
Celebrating baby boy Hoyt. Parents, Romney and Austin.


We jumped on board with Lindsey's idea for a Charcuterie spread. My contribution was raw honeycomb, candied nuts, baked brie in puff pastry, and rosemary focaccia dipped in peach balsamic. 

Look at these two (soon to be three!)


As Romney opened her gifts, she read a card that the gift was from Solly! This was news to even Ash. Inside was candy from the table, Ashley's Christmas star, and a notebook—with most of the pages still inside. He had written in a card and drawn the baby a picture. It was too cute! Ash retrieved Solly so that she could open it again.

He stole the show with gift-giving from the heart, though we all did our best! I had run into JoAnn the day before to get fabric for a ghee-ghee. I sewed it up that evening and Callie tied it for me. She was still tying it as we drove down the canyon that morning! Our gift from the heart.

The shower was thrown by Romney's Aunties, L to R: Eliza, Abby, Ashley, Sadie (soon-to-be Grandma!), Granny (Leslie), Romney, Lindsey, and Lindsey. 
I really love this picture—of my mom especially. 

I was smiling too, though my stomach was in knots every time I thought about what was going down in Hawaii that day!