As predicted by the mask police at BYU-Hawaii…
Two of a kind. A perfect match.
To catch her off guard, Gavin told Mal that he wanted to throw himself a birthday party the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
After an elaborate Amazing Race all over the island—as meticulously planned, but to Mallerie's utter shock—Gavin proposed at sunset.


Sam and Jan and new baby Kiave got to be a part of it all.
I was hanging new curtains in the family room (keeping my mind occupied as best as I could!) when the call came in around 9 pm. I hollered up to Callie in such a way that she thought she was in big trouble (has she ever in her life been in big trouble?) She came downstairs and we all facetimed the happy couple together. With all the busyness and anxiousness of the day, Gavin had not eaten yet. I, on the other hand, could not
stop eating. I feel like I ate 9,000 calories that day, for both of us.
If happiness had a face:
Coming 2022: Mal and Gav March 15th!