Turkey Trot and more, like a Lot more
The Cross Country team and their families got to run the Turkey Trot for freeeeeee. We decided we were in! Due to a time mix-up, we got to Midway Town Hall an hour earlier than we needed to. That gave us plenty of time to get the shading just right on our coloring pages.
We saw so many dear friends there. It was a culmination of living in the same place for 23 years. We have rubbed shoulders in one capacity or another with so many of them. It felt like such a community. I realized how long it has taken to achieve this and that not everyone gets the opportunity. I do not take it for granted.
As Nora Krank beautifully stated, "You really have shown us the true meaning of community." Turns out that the Turkey Trot was the perfect, invigorating way to start the day. And look, Pete and I even did it with our eyes closed.
Back at home, we got ourselves ready, baked, and watched the Thanksgiving Day parade where Cher debuted her new big ol' hit, "DJ Play a Christmas Song." Callie put together simmer bags for the extended family members. The bags consisted of clementine, cranberries, cinnamon, and fresh pine. On our way to Cade and Ashley's later that day, I couldn't remember if I turned off the stove. I texted a friend and she came to the house and checked. Community.The size of our group leaves us only two options, to have Thanksgiving in a church, or at the Cash's house. They are so sweet to host and wow, they go all out! The living room had been transformed into a dining hall and looked stupendous. Love is in the details. It is heartwarming to look at all those chairs and know they will be filled with people I love.
Can you guess whose birthday it is?
Pie! Cats!Ashley had put together a gaggle of games. The most noteworthy one was the paper bag game where the bag kept getting shorter and shorter. The rule was that you had to pick it up with your mouth! Graham was one of the finalists. His legs were sore in the days following.