A Spring in His Step—April 2024

Promenade

April 20, 2024


    When we were picking dates for our April girls' trip, I said I absolutely could not miss Junior Prom. However, there was simply no way around it! It broke my heart. I had to remind myself that I was missing something with one of my children to be with some of my other children. It didn't help much. It was brutal for me to know I would be missing it. The morning our flight was to leave, I knew Graham was at rehearsal. I had a small window of time before we needed to head to the airport. Soon after Ava, Callie, and I arrived at the high school, it was Graham and Kate's group's turn to perform. The timing was perfect. We got to see them introduced and dance their routine. 
    Graham is a great dancer. He said they looked good cause his date is in dance, but he was just as good. The theme was Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love." A tear-jerker. They looked lovely out there on the dance floor. I wept. After his group, Graham came to say hello. The music for the next group began, and we got to have our mother/son dance. I wept again. The timing was perfect. When I came home and Matt asked how it had gone, I said, "God is good. He knows me, and He knows my heart."
They polished up really nicely. 







 Matt sent me the video. It was beautifully tragic.


Graham channeled his inner James Bond for the event while I headed to James Bond Island.

In more conventional news, the snow did eventually melt away. And so did my apprehensions.