FDITP, Sept 3rd
Our annual family dinner in the park family activity was the first Monday in September. It has been going on for over a decade and is a well-oiled machine. Around 700 individuals are served. Pictutred: the food is sorted and stacked for the booth sponsors to pick up.
September 7, 2025
Graham,
Callie didn't have to work labor on Labor Day, so I asked her what she wanted to do. She wanted to go to the movies with Dad and me. I thought that was sweet. Dad has wanted to see Jurassic since it came out in July. Was our summer really that crazy that we never got to the movies? That is nuts-o. We enjoyed popcorn for dinner as we sat in our recliners.
We got to see Mal a bit this week! She was here for Heather's wedding festivities Mon-Wed, so we didn't see her till Thursday when we picked her up in Lehi to drive to Nephi for Callie's race. Lehi to Nephi, gotta love it. Mallerie wanted to see Vickie, who was in town and would be at the race. We hit up Costa Vida in Nephi afterward. I had to laugh because, though it is a new location, it's just a mess! When the guy asked if I wanted everything on my salad, I said, "Yes." Then he proceeded to mash down the lettuce with his dirty gloves. I almost said out loud, "Except for your gloves."
On Friday, Mal and I took a walking tour of Midway, so to speak. So many quaint shops have opened up that I haven't taken the time to look through. We ate our way around the square. We found Ava a Taylor Swift sticker book for her birthday. She and Gray came over for a sleepover. We were watching the Chiefs/Chargers game when Ava said she needed a puzzle or something to work on. I broke out the sticker book.
Dad had an audience of girls to watch the BYU game with on Saturday night. He said the questions he got are a lot different than when he is watching with guys! He's always learnin' us. Yesterday, we all did our own thing. I went to Yoga while everyone else went to watch Romney in a mommy race at Soldier Hollow. Gray joined them at Dairy Keen afterward. I didn't feel like eating DK or sitting there with sad babies. Then, while Dad and the girls played pickleball, I went to the Provo City Center Temple, and then while the girls hit the PC Outlets, I hit the Classic Skating! Just me, myself, and I. It probably would have been fun to have everyone, but I figure between that and buying everyone dinner, I saved at least a hun'erd bucks! Not to mention the finds I may have purchased at the Outlets (I had already spent enough money around the square).
For dinner, I started down State Street but saw that I would soon be caught up in BYU game traffic. I veered off at the mall. There was a cluster of restaurants with Chipotle, Cupbop, and Starbucks, but only one drive-through. I took a gamble and pulled in, hoping for a handheld from Chipotle. The drive-through was for Starbucks, wa-wa-waaa. I got a flatbread of tomato basil and water. It was, eh. Is Starbucks all over Spain?
As I sit here typing, I realize my hip is rather sore. There was a doofus 9 or 10-year-old skating, who totally cut me off and then fell. I tripped over her and hit my hip hard. It is going to leave a mark, no doubt. Might not mention that to anyone...
Hoping and praying that your week went okay. Sure, been thinking of you lots!
Sending love and thoughts, Mom
Celebrating early AVA's 24th!
September 10, 2025
Hello, kiddo!
I want to say how amazing you are. You are a chosen son of God who loves you so much. I love you so much.
I sure have been thinking of you and praying for you constantly. We had Mal here last weekend, and when she left on Monday morning, I felt like I had to apologize for not being as chipper as we usually are, given that it was an emotionally heavy weekend. Our hearts are heavy for you as well as others.
Our beloved friend has been diagnosed with ALS. It has been devastating to our ward and community.
There have also been a couple of acts of domestic violence in our country. The most recent happening was just today, a shooting on the UVU Campus. Charlie died at Timpanogos Hospital in Orem. It is a national story as it is considered a terrorist act. Our prayers are with his family and those who witnessed the tragedy (some of our own family members).
So to you, I feel like the cab driver in Home Alone when Kevin climbs in the back seat and says, "It's scary out there," and the driver turns and says, "It ain't much better in here, kid!" There is suffering in many places. But we can always find peace in Christ.
North Stake Annual Bike Ride. Since we have our two new snazzy bikes, Matt and I both rode this time.
Hello, Sweet Graham!
Sept 22, 2025
As you know, we had Ava over for dinner yesterday (you ended up getting a bedtime story on the speaker phone) Dad grilled surf and turf. We tried Ballerina Farms steaks. For the cost, our minds should’ve been blown. But to me, it was just a regular old steak. We watched the Charlie Kirk Memorial. Boy, did it go on and on! We were mainly interested in hearing his wife and what the President had to say. We fast-forwarded, and the recording finally stopped. We had to find it on YouTube. Dad figures it went on for over four hours! It was a touching moment when his wife publicly forgave the young man who took her husband‘s life.
It is timely that you included the scripture about letting Christ in. That is my daily prayer for myself.
I find refuge during my weekly temple trips. I am grateful there are those pieces of heaven to enter into in today’s world. Brother Ritchie from the High Council, who spoke in our ward yesterday, said that 1000 college kids went to the Orem Temple after the tragedy at UVU. Those without recommendations waited on the grounds or in the waiting room. Interesting that it was built right across the street. We spent time in the Desert Peak Temple after Callie’s race. It is in Tooele and very similar to the Orem Temple, once inside.
Again, we will wait for the resolution to have construction on the Heber Valley Temple commence. I have learned that waiting on the Lord is a sacred time if I use it as such. Just as the army of Zion’s camp marched for months, only to find that the Lord did not want them to fight. Those in the company who demonstrated qualities were used as apostles, prophets, and seventies. Brother Ritchie compared that to our Temple construction. We do not need to fight the battles the Lord intends to resolve. I am leaning on the trust I have placed in Him that He has a divine design in all aspects. The beauty in the world around me, especially at this time of year, tells me so.
Sending love across the ocean, I love you! Mom
A Half!
September 13th
September 28, 2025
Hello! Graham!
We are having a slow start this Sunday morning. Seems to be the case whenever we get to bed after midnight. Callie had homecoming and didn’t get in till after that. It was an all-day affair, with a run starting at 8:30 am. She looked lovely in the dress that she wore for Landrie’s wedding. A dapper couple.
Other events for HoCo week were Callie playing in the Powder Puff game. Dad got a complete kick out of watching the girls on the field. It didn't appear that Callie was taking it too seriously either! (Center of the photo.)
We both saw Olympians this weekend! Clayton Young, who is a long-distance runner, was at Callie’s cross-country meet. I bet he was thrilled that somebody recognized him and wanted a photo. We had Bode Miller, at the fundraising event. People were willing to pay over 10 thousand dollars for ski packages with him! It was a pretty swanky evening. There was a guy who was giving out a free book that he had just written. He came into the hall to sign copies, but he was so drunk that I ended up leaving my copy behind. I couldn’t imagine what words of wisdom I could glean from him.
Woah! I just got a message from Dad that our dear Prophet passed away last night. Oh my. I guess once he made it past 100 years, it seemed like he would live forever. Before I heard the news, I had an image come to me this morning as I was thinking of him (since I heard he has pretty much lost all eyesight), of him lying in his bed at home surrounded by his loved ones. Interesting, now in hindsight. How we have loved our dear prophet, President Nelson! He was 101% a man of wisdom.
Russell M. Nelson, September 9, 1924- September 27, 2025
Oh my, now as we are watching the coverage of President Nelson’s life, an update of a fire/shooting in Michigan at an LDS ward has been announced. The reporter commented on how we have seen an increase in violence against Christian churches. I was at least happy to hear that we are being called Christians by that news agency. Though happy isn’t the right word at a time such as this.
Sending prayers to you, and prayers to the world!
I love you, Mom
Callie snuggled in bed with us that morning as we watched it all unfold. It felt like the world was falling apart that week. How quickly things can change.








































