I’m still a bit hazy on the ins and outs of the game of football. I get the ‘downs’ and all but some of the calls were foreign to me. I leaned in QUIETLY to Matt, “Why didn’t they count that last pass?” “Because it was pass interference.” People must have eagle ears cause someone shouted from in front of us all flabbergasted, “That was pass interference???” Matt quieted him, “No, the previous play was.” I kept my questions to a minimum after that.
The game as you now know did not disappoint even a fare weather fan like myself. Like BYU/Utah games in the past it came down to the wire. It was overtime when Hall caught a pass by George to run in for the win. My favorite headline the next day was, “By George, a Win!” We jumped and cheered and hugged as fans rushed the field.
When Grayson saw this picture he exclaimed, “There weren’t that many players on the field when I was there!”
