Show me the Money

Matt was working on a 7-hour presentation for some Big Wigs. He was telling me about it first thing in the morning when I noticed the insides of his pockets were sticking out from when he had gotten dressed. I asked, “Are you going to have your pockets hanging out like that during the presentation?” Then true to Matt’s quick-witted nature he answered me right back, “Yes, I want to show them I don’t have any money.”

True as that may be it isn’t because he isn’t a stellar employee. This past fall he was the first one in the nation to get all his contracts signed for the upcoming year. And then just recently during a conference call where he wasn’t paying attention he heard his name along with three others recognized for exactly what he’s not sure but I’m sure it was sumthin!

This whole “Tiger” mess has been interesting for Gatorade. They have had a Tiger Gatorade line that hasn’t done well and they had scheduled to discontinue it the week the news story broke. Customers were certain it was because of his tarnished image. Then some ya-who made up bogus Gatorade labels titled “Unfaithful” which had Tiger and Elin’s picture on the front. Who’s area did it happen to be distributed in? Matt’s Denver area. He was just leaving Denver when he got the call but didn’t stay because he was already at the airport. Those QTG high hogs don’t mess around and brought in the FBI to bring the ya-who in. Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there.

I’m doing what I can on the finance side and have become a regular coupon clipper. I totally got into bargain grocery shopping this summer. I was getting tired of the entire budget being “eaten” at the supermarket. I’ve begun cutting coupons, mailing in rebates, and watching the ads. Sometimes ads have coupons in them so when I go into the store I grab a handful of ads so I can rip out these treasures-though I always feel like I’m killing an elephant for its tusks.